Paramount and MTV Films Officially Developing Les Grossman Movie
A Les Grossman movie is going to be made as said by Tom Cruise at the 2010 MTV Music Awards. On Wednesday, June 9, Paramount Pictures and MTV Films have announced that they are developing a movie focusing on the bald-headed, foul-mouthed moviemaker character played by Cruise in "Tropic Thunder".
The "Mission Impossible" actor is said to be in talks to portray Grossman but he has signed up to serve as producer alongside Ben Stiller and Stuart Comfeld of Red Hour Films. "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" screenwriter Michael Bacall is tapped to write the screenplay for this untitled Les Grossman project, but no director mentioned on the press release which describes Grossman as if he is a real person.
"To quote my great friend Kirk Lazarus [Robert Downey Jr.'s character in 'Tropic Thunder'] , 'I don't read the script, the script reads me'," Grossman says about the film's plot. Stiller then adds, "Les Grossman's life story is an inspiring tale of the classic human struggle to achieve greatness against all odds. He has assured me he plans to, quote, 'F---ing kill the sh-- out of this movie and make 'Citizen f---ing Kane' look like a piece-of-crap home movie by the time we are done.' I am honored to be working with him."
Les Grossman first appeared in 2008 satire comedy "Tropic Thunder" produced by Ben Stiller. Cruise recently reprised the role for several promo videos of the 19th Annual MTV Movie Awards, in addition to making appearances during the June 6 ceremony itself.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked