Christina Aguilera Celebrates 'Bionic' Release Party at Rockefeller Center
Fresh from taking the stage of Gibson Amphitheater in Universal City, California for MTV Movie Awards, Christina Aguilera went to New York City's Rockefeller Center to celebrate the release of her new album "Bionic". She rocked a black leather jacket matched with skimpy red hot pants during the June 8 gig.
Christina's performance was part of "TODAY" summer concert series which was kicked off on May 24 by Backstreet Boys. Her Tuesday set was a mix of old materials like "Fighter" and "Beautiful" and new songs such as "Not Myself Tonight" and "You Lost Me".
"I was completely inspired by a lot of electronica music when my son was born and we both were listening to it a lot together," she told host Matt Lauer about the new effort. "You know, having a child makes you think of the future and the next generation, and I got really inspired by electronica, which is so no-holds-barred with its sound and technology, and I wanted to really experiment with that."
"He [Max] definitely inspired a very playful side of me that I didn't have prior to having him. He really inspired this album ... and got me really in touch with my original pop roots of a decade ago, so it's been really fun."
In addition to promoting "Bionic", Christina Aguilera also managed to do a promotion for her upcoming movie "Burlesque". "It was an incredible experience," she gushed. "I grew and learned so much. I had such great people to absorb from: Cher, Stanley Tucci, Kristen Bell was hilarious and funny and just made me feel so comfortable and supportive. It's going to be a really, really fun movie come this November."
"Bionic" and "Not Myself Tonight":
More Christina Aguilera News
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose