Larry King's Wife Doing Fine After Drug Overdose, 911 Call Revealed
Shawn Southwick, the wife of legendary U.S. talk show host Larry King, was rushed to hospital after an apparent overdose of prescription pills in the midst of their public marriage crisis. Shawn, who is doing fine now, overdosed on pills on May 28 but news of the event just surfaced on June 8 and Radar Online obtained a 911 call from the dramatic situation.
"I can't wake her up," Shawn's father Karl Engemann told a 911 operator when he found his daughter unresponsive at her Provo, Utah home. "She may have overmedicated. I don't think she did it on purpose. Last night she seemed confused about what she had taken, the last time she had taken it," Karl further told the 911 operator.
Karl told the emergency services he was certain it was not a suicide attempt, saying "No, no. No, it wouldn't be suicidal." The 76-year-old man added, "She's unconscious. I slap her and I holler at her and she opens her eyes half way and puts them back down again."
"I left my daughter here last night and she was fine. I come this morning she's supposed to have a meeting in a while and she just seems to be out of it," Karl later said, explaining that they were scheduled to go to a meeting together. Although he didn't know what type of medication Shawn was on, he informed that her daughter was taking "something to help with her anxiety and her depression."
Shawn Southwick married Larry King in September 1997 but in April, Shawn and Larry's marriage fell apart amid accusations Larry was having an affair with Shawn's sister Shannon, while Shawn herself reportedly had an affair with Hector Pinate, her son's baseball coach.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!