David Beckham's Bluewater Comic Book Gets Previewed
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have already had their lives told through a comic book and now it's David Beckham's turn. As Bluewater Productions have taken on the footballer as their next subject of their popular line of "Fame" bio comics, MTV gave the comic preview.
"Fame: David Beckham" will arrive on shelves in September. The comic explores Beckham's life "from his earliest days on the soccer field, when he dreamed of playing for Manchester United, to the challenges of his soccer days in the United States," the official text of Bluewater's latest "Fame" announced.
Beckham has become the first sport star featured in a Bluewater comic. "Fame: David Beckham" is written by Pete Rogers with art by Pablo Martinena. On the project, Rogers said, "Working on the Beckham book was quite different from any other comic I've worked on to date."
"Telling someone's real life story was quite a challenge, and I tried to find as many ways as possible to ensure that it was visually interesting and not just a case of 'he did this and then he did that'," Roger added about "Fame: David Beckham" which retails for $3.99.
Beside David Beckham, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, other stars have also been featured in a Bluewater comic. Robert and Kristen's "Twilight" movie series co-star, Taylor Lautner, "Poker Face" hitmaker Lady GaGa and "Love Story" singer Taylor Swift have also gotten the comic book treatment.
More David Beckham News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake