'Final Destination 5' Gets James Cameron Protege as Director
New Line Cinema has hired a helmer for "Final Destination 5". According to Variety, Steven Quale has been tapped to work behind the lens for the next installment of the horror film franchise, which script is written by Eric Heissere.
Though Quale's name does not sound too familiar, this fifth "Final Destination" film is not the first big project for him. He previously served as a second unit director for "Titanic" and "Avatar", in addition to joining the crew of "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" and "True Lies" as a special projects coordinator. Thus, it can be said that Quale is a James Cameron protege.
"Final Destination 5" will be made in 3-D, following the hype and the success of the fourth film titled "The Final Destination", and is due to come out in the U.S. on August 26, 2011. Scribe Eric Heissere has previously teased that the upcoming movie will feature a scene involving eye surgery, while the opening part will take place on a suspension bridge.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off