'Final Destination 5' Gets James Cameron Protege as Director
New Line Cinema has hired a helmer for "Final Destination 5". According to Variety, Steven Quale has been tapped to work behind the lens for the next installment of the horror film franchise, which script is written by Eric Heissere.
Though Quale's name does not sound too familiar, this fifth "Final Destination" film is not the first big project for him. He previously served as a second unit director for "Titanic" and "Avatar", in addition to joining the crew of "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" and "True Lies" as a special projects coordinator. Thus, it can be said that Quale is a James Cameron protege.
"Final Destination 5" will be made in 3-D, following the hype and the success of the fourth film titled "The Final Destination", and is due to come out in the U.S. on August 26, 2011. Scribe Eric Heissere has previously teased that the upcoming movie will feature a scene involving eye surgery, while the opening part will take place on a suspension bridge.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video