'Final Destination 5' Gets James Cameron Protege as Director
New Line Cinema has hired a helmer for "Final Destination 5". According to Variety, Steven Quale has been tapped to work behind the lens for the next installment of the horror film franchise, which script is written by Eric Heissere.
Though Quale's name does not sound too familiar, this fifth "Final Destination" film is not the first big project for him. He previously served as a second unit director for "Titanic" and "Avatar", in addition to joining the crew of "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" and "True Lies" as a special projects coordinator. Thus, it can be said that Quale is a James Cameron protege.
"Final Destination 5" will be made in 3-D, following the hype and the success of the fourth film titled "The Final Destination", and is due to come out in the U.S. on August 26, 2011. Scribe Eric Heissere has previously teased that the upcoming movie will feature a scene involving eye surgery, while the opening part will take place on a suspension bridge.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'