'Final Destination 5' Gets James Cameron Protege as Director
New Line Cinema has hired a helmer for "Final Destination 5". According to Variety, Steven Quale has been tapped to work behind the lens for the next installment of the horror film franchise, which script is written by Eric Heissere.
Though Quale's name does not sound too familiar, this fifth "Final Destination" film is not the first big project for him. He previously served as a second unit director for "Titanic" and "Avatar", in addition to joining the crew of "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" and "True Lies" as a special projects coordinator. Thus, it can be said that Quale is a James Cameron protege.
"Final Destination 5" will be made in 3-D, following the hype and the success of the fourth film titled "The Final Destination", and is due to come out in the U.S. on August 26, 2011. Scribe Eric Heissere has previously teased that the upcoming movie will feature a scene involving eye surgery, while the opening part will take place on a suspension bridge.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'