'Final Destination 5' Gets James Cameron Protege as Director
New Line Cinema has hired a helmer for "Final Destination 5". According to Variety, Steven Quale has been tapped to work behind the lens for the next installment of the horror film franchise, which script is written by Eric Heissere.
Though Quale's name does not sound too familiar, this fifth "Final Destination" film is not the first big project for him. He previously served as a second unit director for "Titanic" and "Avatar", in addition to joining the crew of "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" and "True Lies" as a special projects coordinator. Thus, it can be said that Quale is a James Cameron protege.
"Final Destination 5" will be made in 3-D, following the hype and the success of the fourth film titled "The Final Destination", and is due to come out in the U.S. on August 26, 2011. Scribe Eric Heissere has previously teased that the upcoming movie will feature a scene involving eye surgery, while the opening part will take place on a suspension bridge.
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding