Lindsay Lohan Remains Free After a Bond Was Posted
Lindsay Lohan will still remain free although L.A. County Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel recently issued a second arrest warrant for the trouble actress on Tuesday, June 8. The warrant, which was issued after the 23-year-old actress reportedly violated the terms of her bail, has been recalled after a bail was posted.
A little more than an hour after the arrest warrant was issued, bail bondsman David Perez posted $20,000 (the standard 10% of bail) in Judge Marsha Revel's court. Lindsay will no longer be arrested until a hearing takes place on July 6.
Gossip Cop reported that Judge Marsha Revel had a session in chambers with prosecutor Danette Meyers and Lindsay's attorney Shawn Chapman Holley on Tuesday afternoon and made the announcement shortly thereafter. The judge held the emergency meeting regarding a reported violation that Lindsay's SCRAM bracelet was triggered on Sunday evening, June 6 during 2010 MTV Movie Awards after-party.
"At this time, the court finds she was in violation of the conditions of her bail," Marsha said after she, the prosecutor, and Lindsay's attorney emerged from the private meeting in chambers. Meanwhile, Lindsay's attorney said, "This morning Judge Revel was advised by a SCRAM representative that Ms. Lohan's court-ordered alcohol bracelet had indicated the presence of a small amount of alcohol on Sunday night."
"Having just received the report, I am not in a position to speak to its accuracy or validity, however Ms. Lohan maintains that she has been in complete compliance with all of the terms of her probation and her bail," Shawn added. "Bail has again been posted in Ms. Lohan's case and she will continue to comply with all of Judge Revel's orders."
Lindsay Lohan herself denied being in violation of bail. She tweeted, "My scram wasn't set off-Its physically impossible considering I've nothing for it to go off-All of these false resports are absolutely wrong." She added, "This is all because of a FALSE accusation by tabloids& paparazzi& it is fucking digusting- I've been more than I'm compliance &feeling great."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host