Michael Fassbender Torn Between 'Spider-Man' Reboot and 'First Class'
It seems that Michael Fassbender is one of the most sought actors in Hollywood nowadays. The 33-year-old star is allegedly pursued by moviemakers to take a role in two different movies. Showbiz 411 reports that Sony thinks the actor would be perfect to be an unnamed villainous role in an untitled Spider-Man reboot, and Matthew Vaughn wants him to play Magneto in "X-Men: First Class".
While the two roles are something that Fassbender would not miss, the site claims he likely cannot do both. It is possible that production schedules will ban him from taking all of the jobs at the same time, especially since the projects are in development at two different studios, which means that he should choose.
Since the report released by Showbiz 411 is still considered rumor, there is possibility that Fassbender could end up not playing either of the characters. Though so, he can soon be seen in "Jonah Hex" which will hit U.S. theaters on June 18.
"Spider-Man" reboot which will be produced by Columbia Pictures has Marc Webb on board to direct. As of late, it was reported that Jamie Bell has been chosen to play young Peter Parker, but the studio has not commented on the rumor. The film is set to be released in the U.S. on July 3, 2012.
As for "X-Men: First Class", the film has cast James McAvoy to play Charles Xavier, aka Professor X. Matthew Vaughn has signed up to take the helming duty while the production is scheduled to be kicked off this summer for June 3, 2011 release in the U.S.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell