Michael Fassbender Torn Between 'Spider-Man' Reboot and 'First Class'
It seems that Michael Fassbender is one of the most sought actors in Hollywood nowadays. The 33-year-old star is allegedly pursued by moviemakers to take a role in two different movies. Showbiz 411 reports that Sony thinks the actor would be perfect to be an unnamed villainous role in an untitled Spider-Man reboot, and Matthew Vaughn wants him to play Magneto in "X-Men: First Class".
While the two roles are something that Fassbender would not miss, the site claims he likely cannot do both. It is possible that production schedules will ban him from taking all of the jobs at the same time, especially since the projects are in development at two different studios, which means that he should choose.
Since the report released by Showbiz 411 is still considered rumor, there is possibility that Fassbender could end up not playing either of the characters. Though so, he can soon be seen in "Jonah Hex" which will hit U.S. theaters on June 18.
"Spider-Man" reboot which will be produced by Columbia Pictures has Marc Webb on board to direct. As of late, it was reported that Jamie Bell has been chosen to play young Peter Parker, but the studio has not commented on the rumor. The film is set to be released in the U.S. on July 3, 2012.
As for "X-Men: First Class", the film has cast James McAvoy to play Charles Xavier, aka Professor X. Matthew Vaughn has signed up to take the helming duty while the production is scheduled to be kicked off this summer for June 3, 2011 release in the U.S.
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand