Heidi Montag Files Legal 'Separation' From Spencer Pratt
After in late May Heidi Montag had her lawyer confirming that she wanted to spend her time away from her hubby Spencer Pratt, the 23-year-old reality TV star has filed for legal separation from Spencer on Tuesday, June 8. She was seen showing up at the Santa Monica Courthouse to file the request, citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for separation, TMZ reported.
However, Heidi did not file divorce papers. The site reported that the legal significance of legal separation means Heidi will have her earnings become her separate property beginning on the date of separation, which she listed as June 8. The "The Hills" star reportedly doesn't list a lawyer.
Heidi's "The Hills" castmates, meanwhile, are still skeptical about the breakup, believing that the split is nothing than another publicity stunt. On Sunday, June 6, Audrina Patridge told People, "I think it's a joke. I don't believe it. They're inseparable and in love."
"I don't buy it," co-star Lo Bosworth added. "I've worked with them for too long, and they haven't been filming, so I think this is a way they think they can get back on the show for the last few episodes."
Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt tied the knot in November 2008. On May 28, 2010, Heidi's rep Lexi Vonderlieth confirmed that the star wanted to separate because of "all the fake bad press that Spencer controls." The rep added, "She's tired of it and is looking for a place and wants to focus on her acting career."
Heidi allegedly will move into a Malibu pad with her friend Jennifer Bunney while they film their new reality TV show, "The Heidi Show". However, TMZ recently revealed that the house was actually leased out two days before the split was confirmed by Heidi's rep and neither Heidi's nor Jen's name was on the lease for the house, and even Spencer's name was not on it.
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover