Clips of 'The Tudors' 4.09: King Henry Aging
"The Tudors" will come back Sunday, June 13 before wrapping the whole series the next week. In the episode taking place between 1544 to 1546, King Henry is seen aging rapidly. His ulcerous leg is constantly in pain and he now requires glasses to read.
One clip from the episode reveals Queen Catherine showing Henry a book she wrote and dedicated to him. The other clip sees the King in the court room, criticizing his clergy and noblemen for discord, malice and envy.
Political events continue to be tumultuous and exhausting. The profligate Earl of Surrey, a noble not known for his sense of judgment, loses 600 men in an unprovoked battle in France, endangering Henry's recent success in Boulogne. News arrives that the King of France is preparing for war and worse, the Emperor Charles - England's recent ally - has seized English ships and properties.
Other things to be found in the episode are the rising influence of Bishop Gardiner who is determined to trap Queen Catherine, and Earl of Surrey who is sentenced to death on charges of treason in a one-sided trial.
- Candor and Honesty
- Secrets of My Heart
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed