Clips of 'The Tudors' 4.09: King Henry Aging
"The Tudors" will come back Sunday, June 13 before wrapping the whole series the next week. In the episode taking place between 1544 to 1546, King Henry is seen aging rapidly. His ulcerous leg is constantly in pain and he now requires glasses to read.
One clip from the episode reveals Queen Catherine showing Henry a book she wrote and dedicated to him. The other clip sees the King in the court room, criticizing his clergy and noblemen for discord, malice and envy.
Political events continue to be tumultuous and exhausting. The profligate Earl of Surrey, a noble not known for his sense of judgment, loses 600 men in an unprovoked battle in France, endangering Henry's recent success in Boulogne. News arrives that the King of France is preparing for war and worse, the Emperor Charles - England's recent ally - has seized English ships and properties.
Other things to be found in the episode are the rising influence of Bishop Gardiner who is determined to trap Queen Catherine, and Earl of Surrey who is sentenced to death on charges of treason in a one-sided trial.
- Candor and Honesty
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Slams His Car Onto Paparazzo in Beverly Hills
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 9 Taps Jimmy Kimmel and More to Guest Star
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie