Clips of 'The Tudors' 4.09: King Henry Aging
"The Tudors" will come back Sunday, June 13 before wrapping the whole series the next week. In the episode taking place between 1544 to 1546, King Henry is seen aging rapidly. His ulcerous leg is constantly in pain and he now requires glasses to read.
One clip from the episode reveals Queen Catherine showing Henry a book she wrote and dedicated to him. The other clip sees the King in the court room, criticizing his clergy and noblemen for discord, malice and envy.
Political events continue to be tumultuous and exhausting. The profligate Earl of Surrey, a noble not known for his sense of judgment, loses 600 men in an unprovoked battle in France, endangering Henry's recent success in Boulogne. News arrives that the King of France is preparing for war and worse, the Emperor Charles - England's recent ally - has seized English ships and properties.
Other things to be found in the episode are the rising influence of Bishop Gardiner who is determined to trap Queen Catherine, and Earl of Surrey who is sentenced to death on charges of treason in a one-sided trial.
- Candor and Honesty
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard