'X-Men: First Class' to Be Filmed in Michigan
Mutant superheros X-Men are going to invade Michigan. According to a scouting alert which is released by West Michigan Film Office, "X-Men: First Class" is scouting locations in the city with specific details including "a 1960's, South-American or Central American island feel".
"In particular, he needs to find cafe and bar locations, evoking the Argentinian feel of Bariloche, and an Art Deco Cafe or restaurant overlooking a body of water," the alert further mentions. "Additionally, the movie calls for a Miami styled harbor for yachts. If you know of any locations that seem to match a description, please contact our office."
In another news, "First Class" has been reported holding auditions in Los Angeles. Additionally, casting call will also be done in London, England. Disney Feature Film Casting further states that the upcoming "X-Men" movie is ready to kick off principal photography in September for a scheduled June 3, 2011 U.S. release date.
So far, James McAvoy is the only confirmed cast for the film. He will be seen playing young Charles Xavier, aka Professor X. Later, there has been rumor that Aaron Johnson could play Cyclops in the movie since he was pictured having a meeting with director Matthew Vaughn as well as McAvoy, but 20th Century Fox has not released statement regarding the news.
"X-Men: First Class" will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga. It follows Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr before they took the names Professor X and Magneto, when they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. Bryan Singer, who was originally set to helm, will now produce the movie alongside Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance