MTV Apologizes for MTV Movie Awards F-Word Fiesta
Before the The Federal Communications Commission could fine them for airing MTV Movie Awards which was full of the F word, the network has apologized through a formal statement. Due to its live broadcast and list of guests who are outspoken when expressing their joy, MTV admitted that it could not bleep out every single curse words coming on the stage.
"The MTV Movie Awards is a live televised event known for irreverent comedy and a party atmosphere where our guests speak more freely than they otherwise might," a spokeswoman said. "While we aired the live broadcast with a delay, we were unable to mute every word that some might find objectionable. All of these words will be muted in subsequent airings. We sincerely apologize to those in our audience who were offended by any objectionable words that might have slipped by for the live airing."
Host Aziz Ansari took part in this F-bomb fiesta. In an opening sketch he pretended to be "Avatar" director James Cameron and said "at some point a dude is gonna f**k a dragon with his pony tail." Later in a music tribute for "Avatar", Ansari sang "It's a bummer when nature is destroyed. Which reminds me: F**k you BP."
Parents TV Council has taken an immediate action in criticizing the awards event airing Sunday, June 6. "Families were assaulted by the content found on the MTV Music Awards and on Hard Times and we should not have to pay for this kind of filth on our cable bills - especially since it's targeted directly towards our children," said PTC President Tim Winter.
Nevertheless, this year's ceremony is up 2% from last year's telecast, being watched by 16.4 million viewers.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7