MTV Apologizes for MTV Movie Awards F-Word Fiesta
Before the The Federal Communications Commission could fine them for airing MTV Movie Awards which was full of the F word, the network has apologized through a formal statement. Due to its live broadcast and list of guests who are outspoken when expressing their joy, MTV admitted that it could not bleep out every single curse words coming on the stage.
"The MTV Movie Awards is a live televised event known for irreverent comedy and a party atmosphere where our guests speak more freely than they otherwise might," a spokeswoman said. "While we aired the live broadcast with a delay, we were unable to mute every word that some might find objectionable. All of these words will be muted in subsequent airings. We sincerely apologize to those in our audience who were offended by any objectionable words that might have slipped by for the live airing."
Host Aziz Ansari took part in this F-bomb fiesta. In an opening sketch he pretended to be "Avatar" director James Cameron and said "at some point a dude is gonna f**k a dragon with his pony tail." Later in a music tribute for "Avatar", Ansari sang "It's a bummer when nature is destroyed. Which reminds me: F**k you BP."
Parents TV Council has taken an immediate action in criticizing the awards event airing Sunday, June 6. "Families were assaulted by the content found on the MTV Music Awards and on Hard Times and we should not have to pay for this kind of filth on our cable bills - especially since it's targeted directly towards our children," said PTC President Tim Winter.
Nevertheless, this year's ceremony is up 2% from last year's telecast, being watched by 16.4 million viewers.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune