Jamie Bell Reportedly Cast in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
Columbia Pictures might have found the new depicter of Peter Parker. Following news which mentioned that the short list of untitled Spider-Man reboot was narrowed down to five, it is now rumored that the studio has dropped their choice to Jamie Bell.
Words that Bell has been cast in the film are first spread by Bleeding Cool. The site claims they have received repeated reports in the last twenty-four hours that the studio have settled on their new Spider-Man and he is none other than the English actor.
Bell was previously rumored on the short list alongside other candidates who included Josh Hutcherson, Alden Ehrenreich, Frank Dillane and Andrew Garfield.
If the report is true, Bell could start filming the "Spider-Man" reboot later this year with Marc Webb serving behind the lens. The movie will see Peter Parker as a teenager who grapples with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises. Columbia Pictures secures July 3, 2012 U.S. release date for the movie.
24-year-old Jamie Bell made his film debut in dance flick "Billy Elliot", playing the tittle character. He recently appeared in "King Kong" and "Jumper", and will be soon seen in "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn".
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years