Jamie Bell Reportedly Cast in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
Columbia Pictures might have found the new depicter of Peter Parker. Following news which mentioned that the short list of untitled Spider-Man reboot was narrowed down to five, it is now rumored that the studio has dropped their choice to Jamie Bell.
Words that Bell has been cast in the film are first spread by Bleeding Cool. The site claims they have received repeated reports in the last twenty-four hours that the studio have settled on their new Spider-Man and he is none other than the English actor.
Bell was previously rumored on the short list alongside other candidates who included Josh Hutcherson, Alden Ehrenreich, Frank Dillane and Andrew Garfield.
If the report is true, Bell could start filming the "Spider-Man" reboot later this year with Marc Webb serving behind the lens. The movie will see Peter Parker as a teenager who grapples with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises. Columbia Pictures secures July 3, 2012 U.S. release date for the movie.
24-year-old Jamie Bell made his film debut in dance flick "Billy Elliot", playing the tittle character. He recently appeared in "King Kong" and "Jumper", and will be soon seen in "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn".
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer