Vanessa Hudgens' 'Beastly' Gets New Release Date
CBS Films has given a new release date for "Beastly". After moved out of the July 30 schedule, the drama starring Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer is now slated to hit U.S. theaters on March 18, 2011, so the studio states on Monday, June 7 via the movie's Facebook page.
The studio first announced in May that "Beastly" was no longer on the original summer 2010 slot, but has not determined the new date. CBS Films claimed the decision was made because Zac Efron's movie "Charlie St. Cloud" will also be released on the same day and "could be a real dilemma for" Zanessa's fans.
Based on Alex Flinn's young-adult novel of the same title, "Beastly" revolves around the love story of arrogant young man Kyle Kingson who is cursed into a grotesque monster after ditching a date. Within a year, he has to find someone that will love him to break the curse. He then finds his love in Lindy, who never got his attention before.
Vanessa Hudgens takes the female lead role, starring opposite Alex Pettyfer who plays Kyle. The cast ensemble is additionally supported by Mary-Kate Olsen as a witch named Kendra Hilferty, Neil Patrick Harris as the blind tutor, Lisa Gay Hamilton as the housekeeper and many others. Daniel Barnz directs and writes the script for the movie.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert