Vanessa Hudgens' 'Beastly' Gets New Release Date
CBS Films has given a new release date for "Beastly". After moved out of the July 30 schedule, the drama starring Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer is now slated to hit U.S. theaters on March 18, 2011, so the studio states on Monday, June 7 via the movie's Facebook page.
The studio first announced in May that "Beastly" was no longer on the original summer 2010 slot, but has not determined the new date. CBS Films claimed the decision was made because Zac Efron's movie "Charlie St. Cloud" will also be released on the same day and "could be a real dilemma for" Zanessa's fans.
Based on Alex Flinn's young-adult novel of the same title, "Beastly" revolves around the love story of arrogant young man Kyle Kingson who is cursed into a grotesque monster after ditching a date. Within a year, he has to find someone that will love him to break the curse. He then finds his love in Lindy, who never got his attention before.
Vanessa Hudgens takes the female lead role, starring opposite Alex Pettyfer who plays Kyle. The cast ensemble is additionally supported by Mary-Kate Olsen as a witch named Kendra Hilferty, Neil Patrick Harris as the blind tutor, Lisa Gay Hamilton as the housekeeper and many others. Daniel Barnz directs and writes the script for the movie.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story