Vanessa Hudgens' 'Beastly' Gets New Release Date
CBS Films has given a new release date for "Beastly". After moved out of the July 30 schedule, the drama starring Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer is now slated to hit U.S. theaters on March 18, 2011, so the studio states on Monday, June 7 via the movie's Facebook page.
The studio first announced in May that "Beastly" was no longer on the original summer 2010 slot, but has not determined the new date. CBS Films claimed the decision was made because Zac Efron's movie "Charlie St. Cloud" will also be released on the same day and "could be a real dilemma for" Zanessa's fans.
Based on Alex Flinn's young-adult novel of the same title, "Beastly" revolves around the love story of arrogant young man Kyle Kingson who is cursed into a grotesque monster after ditching a date. Within a year, he has to find someone that will love him to break the curse. He then finds his love in Lindy, who never got his attention before.
Vanessa Hudgens takes the female lead role, starring opposite Alex Pettyfer who plays Kyle. The cast ensemble is additionally supported by Mary-Kate Olsen as a witch named Kendra Hilferty, Neil Patrick Harris as the blind tutor, Lisa Gay Hamilton as the housekeeper and many others. Daniel Barnz directs and writes the script for the movie.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?