Jaden Smith's 'The Karate Kid' Gets New Action Trailer
Less than a week from the U.S. release date, "The Karate Kid" has got another trailer. Making its way out via Trailer Park Movies, it opens with the part when Jaden Smith hits a boy who later, along with his friends, chases after the lead actor.
The video then jumps to capture the shot in which the American boy talks to Jackie Chan who promises to teach him about the martial art skill. The rest of the trailer then contains glimpses of Jaden's training sessions with his "master" as well as his real fight on the ring.
In the film, Jaden Smith plays 12-year-old Dre Parker whose life is turned upside down after he moves from Detroit to China. Being the most popular kid in his homeland, he is now bullied by Cheng due to his feelings to his classmate Mei Ying.
With no friends in a strange land, Dre has nowhere to turn but maintenance man Mr. Han, played by Jackie Chan, who is secretly a master of kung fu. As Han teaches Dre that kung fu is not about punches and parries, but maturity and calm, Dre realizes that facing down the bullies will be the fight of his life.
Beside the two, "The Karate Kid" also casts Taraji P. Henson for supporting role of Dre's mother. This remake of 1984 film of the same title is helmed by Harald Zwart and will hit theaters across the U.S. starting June 11.
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'