2010 BAFTAs Honored Simon Cowell and More
June 6 saw a number of British personalities being honored for their work in television. Simon Cowell, who resigned from his position on "American Idol" this year, was handed a special award by duo Ant & Dec for his outstanding contribution to the entertainment industry and for the development of new talent.
Cowell, wearing a tuxedo and a smile, took the stage to express how happy he was with the honor. "One of my happiest memories as a kid was when my dad came home with a color TV set. I was about five years old and me and my friends came back from school and watched the one program that was in color. So standing here getting an award for making television shows is the happiest feeling of my life," he said.
Beside Cowell, Ant & Dec also brought home a trophy as Best Entertainment Performance. They host ITV's "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" and had been nominated for the category for six times before. "You feed a couple of kangaroo testicles to a glamor model and you end up with a Bafta," they said at the acceptance speech referring to Katie Price.
Kenneth Branagh won Leading Actor through "Wallander" while Julie Walters won the Actress category through "Mo". The full winners list can be found at BAFTA.org.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'