2010 BAFTAs Honored Simon Cowell and More
June 6 saw a number of British personalities being honored for their work in television. Simon Cowell, who resigned from his position on "American Idol" this year, was handed a special award by duo Ant & Dec for his outstanding contribution to the entertainment industry and for the development of new talent.
Cowell, wearing a tuxedo and a smile, took the stage to express how happy he was with the honor. "One of my happiest memories as a kid was when my dad came home with a color TV set. I was about five years old and me and my friends came back from school and watched the one program that was in color. So standing here getting an award for making television shows is the happiest feeling of my life," he said.
Beside Cowell, Ant & Dec also brought home a trophy as Best Entertainment Performance. They host ITV's "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" and had been nominated for the category for six times before. "You feed a couple of kangaroo testicles to a glamor model and you end up with a Bafta," they said at the acceptance speech referring to Katie Price.
Kenneth Branagh won Leading Actor through "Wallander" while Julie Walters won the Actress category through "Mo". The full winners list can be found at BAFTA.org.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame