2010 BAFTAs Honored Simon Cowell and More
June 6 saw a number of British personalities being honored for their work in television. Simon Cowell, who resigned from his position on "American Idol" this year, was handed a special award by duo Ant & Dec for his outstanding contribution to the entertainment industry and for the development of new talent.
Cowell, wearing a tuxedo and a smile, took the stage to express how happy he was with the honor. "One of my happiest memories as a kid was when my dad came home with a color TV set. I was about five years old and me and my friends came back from school and watched the one program that was in color. So standing here getting an award for making television shows is the happiest feeling of my life," he said.
Beside Cowell, Ant & Dec also brought home a trophy as Best Entertainment Performance. They host ITV's "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" and had been nominated for the category for six times before. "You feed a couple of kangaroo testicles to a glamor model and you end up with a Bafta," they said at the acceptance speech referring to Katie Price.
Kenneth Branagh won Leading Actor through "Wallander" while Julie Walters won the Actress category through "Mo". The full winners list can be found at BAFTA.org.
More Simon Cowell News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video