Christopher Nolan Not Yet Signed for 'Batman 3', Confirms Joker Won't Return
Christopher Nolan is currently busy giving a finishing touch to his upcoming movie "Inception", but in an interview with Empire magazine he has been willing to talk about upcoming untitled Batman 3 project. While he has been widely linked to the movie, the helmer of "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" claims he has not officially signed on to take the same duty for the next sequel.
"No I haven't. There is a point where you're just being precious about it and people get annoyed, but the God's honest truth is I work on one movie at a time," he explains. "I'm only capable of doing that, so my head will continue to be firmly in ['Inception'] for another few months."
Though he refuses to be attached to the helming duty at this time, Nolan wants to answer the question about whether or not Joker will return as the villain in "Batman 3". "No," he boldly says, before adding "I just don't feel comfortable about it."
The filmmaker also gives updates on his and his brother Jonathan Nolan's discussion about the story for the upcoming movie, revealing "My brother is working on the screenplay." He further gushes, "We came up with a story that we are very excited about. We particularly like where we are taking the characters and what the ending is... There are things for me to be very excited about in addressing the characters again."
As of late, Warner Bros. Pictures has eyed "Batman 3" to be one of their 2012 releases, securing a summer slot of July 20. It also has been announced that the action superhero film will come to IMAX theaters, with David Goyer writing the script alongside Jonathan Nolan.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars