Christopher Nolan Not Yet Signed for 'Batman 3', Confirms Joker Won't Return
Christopher Nolan is currently busy giving a finishing touch to his upcoming movie "Inception", but in an interview with Empire magazine he has been willing to talk about upcoming untitled Batman 3 project. While he has been widely linked to the movie, the helmer of "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" claims he has not officially signed on to take the same duty for the next sequel.
"No I haven't. There is a point where you're just being precious about it and people get annoyed, but the God's honest truth is I work on one movie at a time," he explains. "I'm only capable of doing that, so my head will continue to be firmly in ['Inception'] for another few months."
Though he refuses to be attached to the helming duty at this time, Nolan wants to answer the question about whether or not Joker will return as the villain in "Batman 3". "No," he boldly says, before adding "I just don't feel comfortable about it."
The filmmaker also gives updates on his and his brother Jonathan Nolan's discussion about the story for the upcoming movie, revealing "My brother is working on the screenplay." He further gushes, "We came up with a story that we are very excited about. We particularly like where we are taking the characters and what the ending is... There are things for me to be very excited about in addressing the characters again."
As of late, Warner Bros. Pictures has eyed "Batman 3" to be one of their 2012 releases, securing a summer slot of July 20. It also has been announced that the action superhero film will come to IMAX theaters, with David Goyer writing the script alongside Jonathan Nolan.
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram