'Glee' Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison to Sing at Tony Awards
It was just announced that Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison will come to the June 13 ceremony of Tony Awards as musical guests. The recruitment of those "Glee" cast shouldn't come as much of a surprise since both of them are Broadway veterans with Lea claiming her fame through "Spring Awakening" and Matthew starring in multiple stage shows including "Hairspray".
Green Day are also booked to perform at the upcoming awards show. The Billie Joe Armstrong-fronted band will likely take the stage with the cast of "American Idiot" which is based on their 2004 hit album of the same name and nominated for Best Musical at this year's event.
Joining them to entertain audience include casts of "Fela!", "Memphis", "Million Dollar Quartet", "Come Fly Away", "Everyday Rapture" and "Promises, Promises". Also scheduled to make a live appearance are Kelsey Grammer and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Hosting the Sunday event is Sean Hayes.
More Lea Michele News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding