'Glee' Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison to Sing at Tony Awards
It was just announced that Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison will come to the June 13 ceremony of Tony Awards as musical guests. The recruitment of those "Glee" cast shouldn't come as much of a surprise since both of them are Broadway veterans with Lea claiming her fame through "Spring Awakening" and Matthew starring in multiple stage shows including "Hairspray".
Green Day are also booked to perform at the upcoming awards show. The Billie Joe Armstrong-fronted band will likely take the stage with the cast of "American Idiot" which is based on their 2004 hit album of the same name and nominated for Best Musical at this year's event.
Joining them to entertain audience include casts of "Fela!", "Memphis", "Million Dollar Quartet", "Come Fly Away", "Everyday Rapture" and "Promises, Promises". Also scheduled to make a live appearance are Kelsey Grammer and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Hosting the Sunday event is Sean Hayes.
More Lea Michele News
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'