'Glee' Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison to Sing at Tony Awards
It was just announced that Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison will come to the June 13 ceremony of Tony Awards as musical guests. The recruitment of those "Glee" cast shouldn't come as much of a surprise since both of them are Broadway veterans with Lea claiming her fame through "Spring Awakening" and Matthew starring in multiple stage shows including "Hairspray".
Green Day are also booked to perform at the upcoming awards show. The Billie Joe Armstrong-fronted band will likely take the stage with the cast of "American Idiot" which is based on their 2004 hit album of the same name and nominated for Best Musical at this year's event.
Joining them to entertain audience include casts of "Fela!", "Memphis", "Million Dollar Quartet", "Come Fly Away", "Everyday Rapture" and "Promises, Promises". Also scheduled to make a live appearance are Kelsey Grammer and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Hosting the Sunday event is Sean Hayes.
More Lea Michele News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date