'Glee' Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison to Sing at Tony Awards
It was just announced that Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison will come to the June 13 ceremony of Tony Awards as musical guests. The recruitment of those "Glee" cast shouldn't come as much of a surprise since both of them are Broadway veterans with Lea claiming her fame through "Spring Awakening" and Matthew starring in multiple stage shows including "Hairspray".
Green Day are also booked to perform at the upcoming awards show. The Billie Joe Armstrong-fronted band will likely take the stage with the cast of "American Idiot" which is based on their 2004 hit album of the same name and nominated for Best Musical at this year's event.
Joining them to entertain audience include casts of "Fela!", "Memphis", "Million Dollar Quartet", "Come Fly Away", "Everyday Rapture" and "Promises, Promises". Also scheduled to make a live appearance are Kelsey Grammer and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Hosting the Sunday event is Sean Hayes.
More Lea Michele News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie