Casting Reports: Jeremy Renner for 'Avengers', Neal McDonough for 'Captain America'
Two more actors are reportedly close to play Marvel characters. The Hollywood Reporter claims Jeremy Renner is in final negotiations to take a role in "The Avengers" while Deadline Hollywood reports that Neal McDonough is in talks to join the cast for "Captain America: The First Avenger".
Renner, who shot to fame after appearing in Oscar-winning movie "The Hurt Locker", is allegedly to portray "bow-and-arrow-carrying hero" Hawkeye. As for McDonough, the 44-year-old actor who once appeared in "Minority Report" could be seen playing Dum Dum Dugan, a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer who is described as the right-hand man to Nick Fury in the comics.
"The Avengers" currently has Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Samuel L. Jackson on the official cast line-up. The film that will bring together the superhero team of Marvel Comics characters will also feature The Hulk, but it has not been announced who will portray the green giant. The movie itself is set for May 4, 2012 U.S. release.
"Captain America: The First Avenger", meanwhile, has tapped Chris Evans to tackle the titular character, joined by Sebastian Stan who will be the superhero's sidekick Bucky Barnes, and Hayley Atwell who will star as Captain America's love interest Peggy Carter. Shooting is scheduled to begin this summer in England and the flick is due to come out July 22, 2011 in the U.S.
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?