Casting Reports: Jeremy Renner for 'Avengers', Neal McDonough for 'Captain America'
Two more actors are reportedly close to play Marvel characters. The Hollywood Reporter claims Jeremy Renner is in final negotiations to take a role in "The Avengers" while Deadline Hollywood reports that Neal McDonough is in talks to join the cast for "Captain America: The First Avenger".
Renner, who shot to fame after appearing in Oscar-winning movie "The Hurt Locker", is allegedly to portray "bow-and-arrow-carrying hero" Hawkeye. As for McDonough, the 44-year-old actor who once appeared in "Minority Report" could be seen playing Dum Dum Dugan, a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer who is described as the right-hand man to Nick Fury in the comics.
"The Avengers" currently has Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Samuel L. Jackson on the official cast line-up. The film that will bring together the superhero team of Marvel Comics characters will also feature The Hulk, but it has not been announced who will portray the green giant. The movie itself is set for May 4, 2012 U.S. release.
"Captain America: The First Avenger", meanwhile, has tapped Chris Evans to tackle the titular character, joined by Sebastian Stan who will be the superhero's sidekick Bucky Barnes, and Hayley Atwell who will star as Captain America's love interest Peggy Carter. Shooting is scheduled to begin this summer in England and the flick is due to come out July 22, 2011 in the U.S.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!