Guillermo del Toro's 'Splice' Premiered in LA, Releasing New Internet Trailer
Two days shy of its U.S. release, "Splice" has been premiered in Los Angeles on Wednesday, June 2. Taking place at the Garuman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, California, the event used black carpet to welcome the cast and crew for the film.
Adrien Brody who takes a lead role in the film suited up in a dark-colored outfit when coming to the venue. He was joined by Robert Downey Jr., who came as a guest, when posing for camera and the two looked chatty as they walked together.
Delphine Chaneac who portrays Dren, a creature resulted from the combination of human and animal's DNAs, cheered up the special screening with her fresh look. The actress donned a pale pink dress and brought a doll which looks like her "Splice" character.
Chaneac later was seen taking picture together with executive producer Guillermo del Toro and director Vincenzo Natali. Additionally, producer Joel Silver was spotted supporting the special screening. While female lead Sarah Polley was nowhere to be seen during the black-carpet arrival, the event had some celebrities, such as Kenny G and Mehcad Brooks, among the guests.
Along with the Los Angeles premiere, one new sneak peek for "Splice" has also been released in form of an internet trailer. Debuted by Yahoo! Movies, the video shows the development of cloning technology before it gives preview to two scientists, Clive and Elsa, who create a new hybrid named Dren.
In the film, the pair will face their most terrifying nightmare when the deformed female infant grows into a beautiful, but deadly winged human-chimera. This thriller sci-fi will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures to theaters across the U.S. on June 4.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign