Wrestler Chris Jericho Hosts Extreme Game 'Downfall'
Well-known on the ring, Chris Jericho will soon be recognized as a game show host as well. The WWE wrestler has been tapped to lead ABC's new extreme reality show called "Downfall" which will premiere on June 22.
The rule of the game is to answer six trivia questions while on the roof of a Los Angeles high-rise building, the press release says. There will be the presence of "the largest conveyor belt ever seen on TV" which sends "potential winnings, the player's personal possessions and even friends and family over the side of the building." To win, all questions must be answered before all the winnings go over the other side.
Jericho's job is to ask players the questions and offer them with various options. Stuck players get to choose "Surrender a Personal Possession" (where the player offers a personal material possession for the conveyor belt and risks its being dropped over the edge and destroyed); or the "Friend on the Belt" option (where players' own friends or family members, such as their grandmother, can be placed on the belt to help them find the answers).
Picked to crank up some rating for the network this summer, "Downfall" is put on Tuesday nights with the lead from another reality series "Wipeout".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic