Wrestler Chris Jericho Hosts Extreme Game 'Downfall'
Well-known on the ring, Chris Jericho will soon be recognized as a game show host as well. The WWE wrestler has been tapped to lead ABC's new extreme reality show called "Downfall" which will premiere on June 22.
The rule of the game is to answer six trivia questions while on the roof of a Los Angeles high-rise building, the press release says. There will be the presence of "the largest conveyor belt ever seen on TV" which sends "potential winnings, the player's personal possessions and even friends and family over the side of the building." To win, all questions must be answered before all the winnings go over the other side.
Jericho's job is to ask players the questions and offer them with various options. Stuck players get to choose "Surrender a Personal Possession" (where the player offers a personal material possession for the conveyor belt and risks its being dropped over the edge and destroyed); or the "Friend on the Belt" option (where players' own friends or family members, such as their grandmother, can be placed on the belt to help them find the answers).
Picked to crank up some rating for the network this summer, "Downfall" is put on Tuesday nights with the lead from another reality series "Wipeout".
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'