Adam Lambert to Play Safe in Tour but Still Offer Tasteful Performances
One day before kicking off his Glam Nation tour on June 4 in Wilkes-Barre, Adam Lambert met the press to divulge what he has planned for the traveling show. In an interview with Billboard, he is convinced that those coming to his gig will definitely "be comfortable."
"That was kind of an artistic experiment, the AMAs. I learned a lot from it. I learned what my limitations are," he explained further. "I learned what my audience wants to see. The [Glam Nation] concert definitely is sexy, but I feel if anyone thought [the AMA performance] was not tasteful, this is tasteful."
Visually, the tour is influenced by "turn-of-the-century New Orleans...a kitschy, glam, voodoo, crystal ball, black magic kind of look [with] a lot of psychedelic, classic rock visual references." Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Keith Richards are cited as his inspiration. "Those are the people who have inspired the look and the feel of the show. I had fun with the projectionist and my costume designer and...[the show] has its own little world," he shared.
"From the top of the show I'm inviting the audience to take a journey with me into this emotional and thematic world," he gushed more. "At the beginning it's more about seduction, venturing into the unknown and taking chances -- mystery and intrigue and sexiness. The midpoint of the show really explores heartbreak and vulnerability and honesty, and then the latter half of the show is celebration and joy and love and connection."
In addition to performing songs from his debut album "For Your Entertainment", this "American Idol" alum also promised to deliver "a surprise cover [song] or two" as well as stripped-down performances which "will vary from night to night, week to week."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics