Adam Lambert to Play Safe in Tour but Still Offer Tasteful Performances
One day before kicking off his Glam Nation tour on June 4 in Wilkes-Barre, Adam Lambert met the press to divulge what he has planned for the traveling show. In an interview with Billboard, he is convinced that those coming to his gig will definitely "be comfortable."
"That was kind of an artistic experiment, the AMAs. I learned a lot from it. I learned what my limitations are," he explained further. "I learned what my audience wants to see. The [Glam Nation] concert definitely is sexy, but I feel if anyone thought [the AMA performance] was not tasteful, this is tasteful."
Visually, the tour is influenced by "turn-of-the-century New Orleans...a kitschy, glam, voodoo, crystal ball, black magic kind of look [with] a lot of psychedelic, classic rock visual references." Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Keith Richards are cited as his inspiration. "Those are the people who have inspired the look and the feel of the show. I had fun with the projectionist and my costume designer and...[the show] has its own little world," he shared.
"From the top of the show I'm inviting the audience to take a journey with me into this emotional and thematic world," he gushed more. "At the beginning it's more about seduction, venturing into the unknown and taking chances -- mystery and intrigue and sexiness. The midpoint of the show really explores heartbreak and vulnerability and honesty, and then the latter half of the show is celebration and joy and love and connection."
In addition to performing songs from his debut album "For Your Entertainment", this "American Idol" alum also promised to deliver "a surprise cover [song] or two" as well as stripped-down performances which "will vary from night to night, week to week."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal