David Archuleta Posts Video Promo for New Book 'Chords of Strength'
David Archuleta has posted a video on Wednesday, June 2, promoting his new book "Chords of Strength", which hit U.S. shelves on Tuesday, June 1. In the more-than-4-minute clip, David shares about how excited he is having his book out in stores and attending his first book signing ever, on June 1 at Ridgewood, New Jersey.
In the video, the runner-up on the seventh season of "American Idol" also sends good wishes to fellow "Idol" contestants, season 9 winner Lee DeWyze and runner-up Crystal Bowersox. David says, "It'll be great to see what they both do, hopefully I'll be able to catch one of the 'Idol' shows this year."
David's book itself, "Chords of Strength: A Memoir of Soul, Song and the Power of Perseverance", chronicles his life and how he rose to fame on the most popular show on television.
"A lot of people ask me questions," David explained on his book, as quoted by Fox 13 Now. "So I thought this is a really good opportunity just to explain to people about why I live the way I live, and my beliefs and the experiences that I have gone through and how I dealt with American Idol and the vocal paralysis."
David further shared that he wrote the book for anyone who is interested in his story. He admitted he, at first, had a doubt on himself numerous times but believed he had success when he was willing to work hard. He added, "I think the people around you make a big difference about where you end up. I think My family has been a big part of that."
Full schedules of David Archuleta's book signing:
- June 1: Bookends, Ridgewood, New Jersey
- June 2: Borders, New York, New York
- June 3: Barnes & Noble, Lake Grove, New York
- June 5: Barnes & Noble (Mall of America), Minneapolis, Minnesota
- June 7: Deseret Books, Salt Lake City, Utah
- June 8: Deseret Books, Orem Utah
- June 17: Deseret Books, Rexburg, Idaho
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny