David Archuleta Posts Video Promo for New Book 'Chords of Strength'
David Archuleta has posted a video on Wednesday, June 2, promoting his new book "Chords of Strength", which hit U.S. shelves on Tuesday, June 1. In the more-than-4-minute clip, David shares about how excited he is having his book out in stores and attending his first book signing ever, on June 1 at Ridgewood, New Jersey.
In the video, the runner-up on the seventh season of "American Idol" also sends good wishes to fellow "Idol" contestants, season 9 winner Lee DeWyze and runner-up Crystal Bowersox. David says, "It'll be great to see what they both do, hopefully I'll be able to catch one of the 'Idol' shows this year."
David's book itself, "Chords of Strength: A Memoir of Soul, Song and the Power of Perseverance", chronicles his life and how he rose to fame on the most popular show on television.
"A lot of people ask me questions," David explained on his book, as quoted by Fox 13 Now. "So I thought this is a really good opportunity just to explain to people about why I live the way I live, and my beliefs and the experiences that I have gone through and how I dealt with American Idol and the vocal paralysis."
David further shared that he wrote the book for anyone who is interested in his story. He admitted he, at first, had a doubt on himself numerous times but believed he had success when he was willing to work hard. He added, "I think the people around you make a big difference about where you end up. I think My family has been a big part of that."
Full schedules of David Archuleta's book signing:
- June 1: Bookends, Ridgewood, New Jersey
- June 2: Borders, New York, New York
- June 3: Barnes & Noble, Lake Grove, New York
- June 5: Barnes & Noble (Mall of America), Minneapolis, Minnesota
- June 7: Deseret Books, Salt Lake City, Utah
- June 8: Deseret Books, Orem Utah
- June 17: Deseret Books, Rexburg, Idaho
More David Archuleta News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story