Miley Cyrus Wants a Lead Role in 'Sex and the City' Prequel
Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex and the City" has been a signature role of Sarah Jessica Parker since she played it in the TV series. However, a younger actress could be seen playing the character as Miley Cyrus has offered herself to tackle the character should "Sex and the City" prequel is made.
Idea of Miley playing Carrie during her high school years was first suggested by "Sex and the City" creator Candace Bushnell few years ago. The author claimed the 17-year-old actress/singer will be appropriate to portray the columnist in a movie based on her latest book "The Carrie Diaries".
Recently, when asked by BBC radio host Fearne Cotton if the rumor which links her to the role is true, Miley said, "I have never heard that before but I would totally do it. It would be so cool." Previously, she also told TV Guide she would "love to do a younger, cleaner version of 'Sex and the City'."
While "Sex and the City" prequel has never been confirmed to be brought to big screen, "Sex and the City 2" has just been released in the U.S. on May 27. In the film which still sees the original cast including Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, Miley Cyrus has a cameo appearance.
Miley, who was last seen in "The Last Song" in which she played opposite Liam Hemsworth, recently announced that she will take a temporary hiatus from music to focus on her film career. She has also wrapped production for the last episode of "Hannah Montana" which has been aired on Disney Channel since 2006.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?