Director Says 'Hairspray 2' Is Not Happening
There won't be another "Hairspray" film. After many talks about the follow-up which is entitled "Hairspray 2: White Lipstick", director Adam Shankman has told the UK Press that the project is officially dead.
"I'm going to kill that rumor now, that got killed," he stated in an interview while he was in Hollywood. Shankman who also served as choreographer for the first movie apparently is not too much disappointed though the sequel is axed as he stated, "It's OK. I was so happy with the first one, let's leave well enough alone. It's all good."
2007 "Hairspray", which is based on the Tony Award-winning 2002 Broadway musical of the same name, stars John Travolta, Nikki Blonsky, Michelle Pfeiffer, Amanda Bynes, James Marsden, Brittany Snow and Zac Efron. Since it was released in 2007, the musical comedy has grossed $202.5 million worldwide.
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl