Director Says 'Hairspray 2' Is Not Happening
There won't be another "Hairspray" film. After many talks about the follow-up which is entitled "Hairspray 2: White Lipstick", director Adam Shankman has told the UK Press that the project is officially dead.
"I'm going to kill that rumor now, that got killed," he stated in an interview while he was in Hollywood. Shankman who also served as choreographer for the first movie apparently is not too much disappointed though the sequel is axed as he stated, "It's OK. I was so happy with the first one, let's leave well enough alone. It's all good."
2007 "Hairspray", which is based on the Tony Award-winning 2002 Broadway musical of the same name, stars John Travolta, Nikki Blonsky, Michelle Pfeiffer, Amanda Bynes, James Marsden, Brittany Snow and Zac Efron. Since it was released in 2007, the musical comedy has grossed $202.5 million worldwide.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby