Director Says 'Hairspray 2' Is Not Happening
There won't be another "Hairspray" film. After many talks about the follow-up which is entitled "Hairspray 2: White Lipstick", director Adam Shankman has told the UK Press that the project is officially dead.
"I'm going to kill that rumor now, that got killed," he stated in an interview while he was in Hollywood. Shankman who also served as choreographer for the first movie apparently is not too much disappointed though the sequel is axed as he stated, "It's OK. I was so happy with the first one, let's leave well enough alone. It's all good."
2007 "Hairspray", which is based on the Tony Award-winning 2002 Broadway musical of the same name, stars John Travolta, Nikki Blonsky, Michelle Pfeiffer, Amanda Bynes, James Marsden, Brittany Snow and Zac Efron. Since it was released in 2007, the musical comedy has grossed $202.5 million worldwide.
More Hairspray News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump