Director Says 'Hairspray 2' Is Not Happening
There won't be another "Hairspray" film. After many talks about the follow-up which is entitled "Hairspray 2: White Lipstick", director Adam Shankman has told the UK Press that the project is officially dead.
"I'm going to kill that rumor now, that got killed," he stated in an interview while he was in Hollywood. Shankman who also served as choreographer for the first movie apparently is not too much disappointed though the sequel is axed as he stated, "It's OK. I was so happy with the first one, let's leave well enough alone. It's all good."
2007 "Hairspray", which is based on the Tony Award-winning 2002 Broadway musical of the same name, stars John Travolta, Nikki Blonsky, Michelle Pfeiffer, Amanda Bynes, James Marsden, Brittany Snow and Zac Efron. Since it was released in 2007, the musical comedy has grossed $202.5 million worldwide.
More Hairspray News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?