Director Says 'Hairspray 2' Is Not Happening
There won't be another "Hairspray" film. After many talks about the follow-up which is entitled "Hairspray 2: White Lipstick", director Adam Shankman has told the UK Press that the project is officially dead.
"I'm going to kill that rumor now, that got killed," he stated in an interview while he was in Hollywood. Shankman who also served as choreographer for the first movie apparently is not too much disappointed though the sequel is axed as he stated, "It's OK. I was so happy with the first one, let's leave well enough alone. It's all good."
2007 "Hairspray", which is based on the Tony Award-winning 2002 Broadway musical of the same name, stars John Travolta, Nikki Blonsky, Michelle Pfeiffer, Amanda Bynes, James Marsden, Brittany Snow and Zac Efron. Since it was released in 2007, the musical comedy has grossed $202.5 million worldwide.
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?