Coalition Formed to Fight Against Jesus Christ Animation
A coalition has been formed to fight against an animated series called "JC" which is yet to be produced. Comedy Central has previously met a threat from Christian group Catholic League who said that they would contact the Muslim organizations as well in this fight. League's president Bill Donohue has since made his words come true but sans the Muslims.
Donohue made an alliance with president of Media Research Center, Brent Bozell, Family Research Council president Tony Perkins, American Alliance of Jews and Christians leader Rabbi Daniel Lapin, talk show host Michael Medved and Parents TV Council president Tim Winter. They are all joined in CARB - Coalition Against Religious Bigotry.
CARB's main objective is to make sure "JC" never coming to life. In order to do that, they plan to cross the path to advertisers. "After we reveal the vile and offensive nature of Comedy Central's previous characterizations of Jesus Christ and God the Father, we expect these advertisers to agree wholeheartedly to end their advertising on Comedy Central and discontinue their support for unabashed, anti-Christian discrimination," Bozell said in a statement.
"Why should they be supporting a business that makes a habit of attacking Christianity and yet has a formal policy to censor anything considered offensive to followers of Islam? This double standard is pure bigotry, one from which advertisers should quickly shy away." A full press conference will be held on Thursday, June 3.
Announced earlier this year, "JC" is to portray Jesus Christ as a regular guy living in New York City. He wants to escape the shadow of his powerful but apathetic father who only cares about playing video games.
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry