Coalition Formed to Fight Against Jesus Christ Animation
A coalition has been formed to fight against an animated series called "JC" which is yet to be produced. Comedy Central has previously met a threat from Christian group Catholic League who said that they would contact the Muslim organizations as well in this fight. League's president Bill Donohue has since made his words come true but sans the Muslims.
Donohue made an alliance with president of Media Research Center, Brent Bozell, Family Research Council president Tony Perkins, American Alliance of Jews and Christians leader Rabbi Daniel Lapin, talk show host Michael Medved and Parents TV Council president Tim Winter. They are all joined in CARB - Coalition Against Religious Bigotry.
CARB's main objective is to make sure "JC" never coming to life. In order to do that, they plan to cross the path to advertisers. "After we reveal the vile and offensive nature of Comedy Central's previous characterizations of Jesus Christ and God the Father, we expect these advertisers to agree wholeheartedly to end their advertising on Comedy Central and discontinue their support for unabashed, anti-Christian discrimination," Bozell said in a statement.
"Why should they be supporting a business that makes a habit of attacking Christianity and yet has a formal policy to censor anything considered offensive to followers of Islam? This double standard is pure bigotry, one from which advertisers should quickly shy away." A full press conference will be held on Thursday, June 3.
Announced earlier this year, "JC" is to portray Jesus Christ as a regular guy living in New York City. He wants to escape the shadow of his powerful but apathetic father who only cares about playing video games.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch