Charlie Sheen to Enter No Contest Plea and Serve 30 Days in Jail
Charlie Sheen will plead no contest to a misdemeanor assault at his June 7 hearing and serve 30 days in jail. A source told Us Magazine that the troubled actor had a choice to either serve jail time or get straight probation and he allegedly will report immediately to Aspen's Pitkin County Jail since probation is just too risky.
"Sheen and his people are worried that if he were to get into more trouble that he'd almost surely go to prison," the source explained. "By taking responsibility for what he did in Aspen, and agreeing to a no-probation resolution, he'll be able to sleep a little easier. Compared to prison, the jail in Aspen is a far more attractive option."
TMZ further reported that Charlie will head to Aspen next Monday, June 7. The "Two and a Half Men" actor will then enter a no contest plea to 3rd degree assault and serve his time in jail, while the felony menacing charge against him will be dismissed.
With good time credit, Charlie's 30-day jail stint can be whittled down to 17 days, and two of the 17 days will be minimal. Once he completes his serving time, he will be freed with no probation.
Charlie Sheen has to deal with the law following his 2009 Christmas bust-up with his wife Brooke Mueller. During the fight, Charlie reportedly pinned his wife on a bed and put a knife to her throat when she asked him for a divorce.
More Charlie Sheen News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7