'The Crow' Reboot Moves Forward With Finished Script and Filming Locations
Though there have been few reports on the development of "The Crow" since it was first announced, people behind the project apparently have worked hard on it. In a recent interview with MTV, producer Edward R. Pressman informed some progresses on the project, including the finished script that is said to be "terrific".
Pressman claimed the story, written by Stephen Norrington, is different from the original 1994 film, stating "Obviously it's a different time and a different idea, but I think Stephen is a very talented fellow and I'm very excited to work with him." He added, "I think it's a very different conception [than the original film]. After the first 'Crow,' there were so many other films that were inspired by it, by its look. Steve is an artist himself, and he's created a very different visual idea."
Moreover, the filmmakers have eyed to kick off production later this year with casting announcements beginning soon. "[We've got an offer out] to a major actor and things are moving ahead very aggressively, with the aim of doing the film this year," Pressman revealed to MTV.
On other details of the film, Pressman offered information on where the film will be set. "The setting is the southwest - the Mexico/Arizona area - and an urban [setting], Detroit or Pittsburgh or something like that," he said, before explaining, "There are two locations that the film is set. Its initial platform is in the southwest and then it moves to the big city in the north, middle or eastern America, and then back."
Beside providing the script, Stephen Norrington will also serve behind the lens for the upcoming "The Crow". Edward R. Pressman teams up with Ryan Kavanaugh and Jeff Most to produce this action thriller, which will see a man brutally murdered coming back to life as an undead avenger of his and his fiancee's murder.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video