Brief Transcript of Sarah Ferguson's Confession on 'Oprah'
A transcript of Sarah Ferguson's interview on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" was released on Monday, May 31. Oprah Winfrey secured one of her biggest interviews this year when the Duchess of York agreed to open up about the bribery caught on tape.
She claimed bad judgment and booze made her accept more than $700,000 in exchange for access to ex husband Prince Andrew. "I'm aware of the fact that I've been drinking, you know, that I was not in the right place," the 50-year-old admitted to Oprah in an episode airing Tuesday, June 1.
An undercover reporter posed as a businessman when approaching Ferguson. In the tape which authenticity has been confirmed by Ferguson's rep and was acquired by News of the World, the mother of two said, "500,000 pounds when you can, to me, open doors." Known for her fascination on high-end fashion like Hermes and Chanel, Ferguson is reportedly "totally broke" and accepted the offer out of desperation.
Ferguson said she has watched the tape while traveling between airports but claimed to haven't watched it closely. "I haven't faced the devil in the face, because I was in the gutter at the moment," she said.
A source said, "She wants to start fresh in America." This allegedly includes participating in the next season of "Dancing with the Stars".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival