Confirmed, Celine Dion Is Expecting Twins
After having her sixth in vitro fertilization treatment, "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker Celine Dion is finally conceiving. And Celine is not about to add one addition to her family but two. "We're ecstatic," Celine's husband Rene Angelil told People. "Celine is just hoping for a healthy pregnancy. She was hoping for one baby and the news that we are having two is a double blessing!"
Beside undergoing in-vitro fertilization and staying in New York city for the treatment, the 42-year-old singer also turned to acupuncture and "it worked!", her rep told Us Magazine. Celine and Rene "are both extremely excited," the rep further informed, adding "But really, since this was the sixth time, they just want a healthy pregnancy."
Celine is 14 weeks along and she will find out the gender of the twins next month. The twins will join big brother Rene-Charles, who turned 9 in January. Rene-Charles was also conceived through in vitro fertilization after six years of trying by the help of Dr. Zev Rosenwaks at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Center Medical Center.
Although having unsuccessful in vitro fertilization several times, Celine Dion and Rene Angelil have never given up trying for a second baby. Back in November 2009, after stating that the embryo transfer which Celine took was unsuccessful, her husband Rene revealed, "The process can be long and arduous. But today, we are full of confidence. Celine is more determined than ever."
More Celine Dion News
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles