Thomas Dekker Could Replace Chace Crawford in 'Footloose'
Since Chace Crawford has pulled out of "Footloose", somebody must step in to take the lead role in the film. Words are, Thomas Dekker emerges as the front runner to play Ren McCormack, who was portrayed by Kevin Bacon in the original 1984 film.
If the rumor which was first run by Los Angeles Times is proven to be true, Dekker is likely to star opposite Julianne Hough. The "Dancing with the Stars" dancer and country singer is tapped to portray Ariel Moore.
The original "Footloose" centers on Ren McCormack who moves from Chicago to a small town, where dancing and rock music are banned. Ren then proceeds to shake everything up when he and his classmates want to have a senior prom with music and dancing. Craig Brewer will direct the upcoming drama musical which is set for 2012 release.
Thomas Dekker has a notable role of John Connor on FOX "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles". He also lands a recurring role on TV series "Heroes". Most recently, the 22-year-old actor stars in horror movie "A Nightmare on Elm Street".
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna