Thomas Dekker Could Replace Chace Crawford in 'Footloose'
Since Chace Crawford has pulled out of "Footloose", somebody must step in to take the lead role in the film. Words are, Thomas Dekker emerges as the front runner to play Ren McCormack, who was portrayed by Kevin Bacon in the original 1984 film.
If the rumor which was first run by Los Angeles Times is proven to be true, Dekker is likely to star opposite Julianne Hough. The "Dancing with the Stars" dancer and country singer is tapped to portray Ariel Moore.
The original "Footloose" centers on Ren McCormack who moves from Chicago to a small town, where dancing and rock music are banned. Ren then proceeds to shake everything up when he and his classmates want to have a senior prom with music and dancing. Craig Brewer will direct the upcoming drama musical which is set for 2012 release.
Thomas Dekker has a notable role of John Connor on FOX "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles". He also lands a recurring role on TV series "Heroes". Most recently, the 22-year-old actor stars in horror movie "A Nightmare on Elm Street".
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia