How Captain America's Costume Will Look Like
As "Captain America: The First Avenger" is ready to shoot in no time soon, a costume for the character has been prepared. While Marvel has not revealed the wardrobe, JoBlo claims to have been able to take a look at the superhero's suit and shares the details.
According to the site, the wings on cowl are gone. In fact, the hood is gone entirely and replaced with a "more traditional M1 Army helmet" which still comes over the eyes. The white "A" letter on the forehead is still present and a thick black strap comes down over the ears and connects under the chin.
As for the entire suit, the blue is much more muted than the blue in the comic costume. The white star on the chest remains, though it is not as prominent as in the comics. The red and white stripes on the abdomen are replaced with a white base with two red utility belts acting as stripes. "These belts affix to a metal loop at the midpoint of the chest and a black strap extends up to the shoulders from that point," the site explains.
The fabric, meanwhile, is not like the scaled material of "Spider-Man", but a leather fabric which is similar to the one used in "X-Men" films. Moreover, there is an old school utility belt made up of brown pockets with a silver buckle. And this Captain America will not wear a codpiece.
Overall, the costume that will be donned by Chris Evans to portray the title character "has a practical WWII military look to it with some of the obvious Captain America flourishes that we would expect," JoBlo concludes. As for the shield, it is very similar to the classic design.
"The First Avenger: Captain America" follows Steve Rogers military service washout who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. Joe Johnston will serve behind the lens when the film starts shooting this summer in England for July 22, 2011 U.S. release.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media