Teary Tyra Banks Wrapped Talk Show After 5 Years
Five seasons and 810 episodes after, "The Tyra Show" came to an end on Friday, May 28 with teary goodbye from its host Tyra Banks. Wearing green dress, Tyra closed the Emmy-winning show with a montage of her years going under disguise as well as her interviews with famous people around the world.
"I had journalists tell me this show was going to be canceled in two weeks, and it's five years," she said proudly. She proceeded with a clip of her as a homeless, jailbird and fat woman as well as her precious time with important people such as President Obama, Hilary Clinton and John Edwards.
Telling People her favorite interview, Tyra said it was Obama while he was still a senator. "I was so nervous, sick to my stomach and my hands were shaking," the model recalled. "I asked him to look into the crystal ball and said, 'What do you see in your future, Senator?' And without hesitation he replied, 'The White House.' That clip ran on CNN and every national morning show. I'll never forget being a part of political history."
She remembered another one, saying "I even got bitten on the neck by Twilight's sexiest vampire, Robert Pattinson. I don't think I've ever felt so envied."
Larry King sent over a tape to bid her farewell, saying Tyra is the "fiercest" daytime talk host. At the end of the show, she said while clutching her Emmys "Sometimes you gotta leave when you're on top." The model then took her final walk on the runway and blew kisses.
Tyra wrapped the show because she wants to concentrate on producing films and releasing a book called "Modeland". Both projects can be expected to launch next year.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance