LeAnn Rimes Takes Legal Action to Silence Eddie Cibrian's Estranged Wife
LeAnn Rimes reportedly has her lawyer sending a cease and desist letter to her boyfriend Eddie Cibrian's estranged wife, Brandi Glanville, on Thursday, May 27. The 27-year-old country music singer, who was romantically involved with Eddie after playing together in "Northern Lights" in 2009, cited allegations of slander, E! Online reported.
The site further reported that Brandi was insisted to respond the cease and desist letter in five days. If she fails to respond to the legal note, LeAnn will move forward with a lawsuit, asking a court to grant a gagging order.
However, a reliable source close to Eddie's soon-to-be ex-wife denied the accusation. The source told the site, "Brandi has been nothing but nice to LeAnn. She let her kids go to Mexico with them, and she is genuinely happy that they like her. If they didn't, then she would be upset."
The source moreover revealed LeAnn's slander allegations stem from before Brandi and Eddie split. The source explained that Brandi told the press LeAnn was "stalking" Eddie because she wasn't aware of her then-husband and the star' love affair. Brandi was said making those statements before Eddie told her about his relationship with the "I Need You" singer.
Meanwhile, a source from LeAnn's party, who revealed the cease and desist letter was indeed sent, disclosed that the legal note came "after months and months of Brandi speaking about LeAnn in the press and telling lies. This is a reaction, and something she felt was necessary to do to protect herself."
LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian met on the set of TV movie "Northern Lights". They later fell in love although back at that time, both LeAnn and Eddie were married to their respective spouses. And later, LeAnn and her husband Dean Sheremet divorced with Dean filing the legal paper in Los Angeles Superior Court on December 17, 2009.
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'