Confirmed, Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt Split But Not Divorcing
Heidi Montag wants to take a time away from her husband of almost two years, Spencer Pratt. On Friday, May 28, the 24-year-old beauty's rep, Lexi Vonderlieth, confirmed the separation to CNN, stating "Yes, the split is real."
However, Montag and Pratt are not heading to a divorce yet. The rep continued, "Like to say separation for now. As you can imagine it is crazy right now. She's trying to lay low the next couple days. What I can say is that it's a separation for now, not divorce."
On why Montag decided to take the move, her rep told TMZ, "Heidi is looking to move out due to all the fake bad press that Spencer controls. She's tired of it and is looking for a place and wants to focus on her acting career." Heidi is reportedly looking for a home in Malibu.
Though so, some sources claimed they weren't surprised by the split. A source revealed to the site that Montag and Pratt's relationship has been filled with tension for a while now. The source said, "It wasn't just a sudden thing."
Another insider, in the meantime, also wasn't taken aback by the separation but surprised that Montag finally made the move. The insider said, "I'm so happy for her. He was such a bad influence." Meanwhile, a Pratt family friend showed their agreement, stating "I think the American public would agree they're better off apart."
"Heidi is off in her own crazy little world and Spencer is certifiably insane," the friend further claimed as quoted by FOX News. "Heidi was his little puppet and its great that she is finally (separating from him). Their relationship always seemed so forced."
Montag has recently shown some signal that she's fed up with the whole "Speidi" thing. On May 25, she wrote on her Twitter page, "PS: I am not Heidi Pratt, I am Heidi Montag."
Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt married in November 2008. The couple held their secret nuptial at the One & Only Palmilla Resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Pratt had been Montag's manager, but the beauty fired him in early March, reasoning "Never mix business and pleasure."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones