Vampire Weekend's 'Jonathan Low' From 'Eclipse' Soundtrack Revealed
A new single of Vampire Weekend which is entitled "Jonathan Low" has been made available for listening pleasure via Consequence of Sound. The song is included in "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack album which will hit U.S. stores on June 8.
"Jonathan Low", which was recorded by Ezra Koenig and his bandmates in the end of 2009, is an elaborately orchestrated song with a surprisingly dominant 12-string guitar. The band describes the track "as a curve ball of sorts, a stark contrast from some of its other more recent material."
"It's pretty different than anything we've done before, and I guess we kinda looked at it as... you know, being that it's going to be on a soundtrack to a movie, why not try something slightly different?" Vampire Weekend said in a recent interview with Triple J. "So there's this cool twelve-string guitar part that Rostam's playing, and I think, yeah, it might surprise people a little bit."
Beside contributing to the soundtrack for "Eclipse", Vampire Weekend are preparing to start their North American tour to promote their second studio album "Contra" on August 28 in Vancouver, British Columbia. They recently debuted a clip to support their single "Holiday".
Other musicians whose songs will be included in "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack album are Muse, The Black Keys, Florence and the Machine, Metric and many others. The film itself stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson as well as Taylor Lautner, and will open wide in U.S. theaters on June 30.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event