Vampire Weekend's 'Jonathan Low' From 'Eclipse' Soundtrack Revealed
A new single of Vampire Weekend which is entitled "Jonathan Low" has been made available for listening pleasure via Consequence of Sound. The song is included in "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack album which will hit U.S. stores on June 8.
"Jonathan Low", which was recorded by Ezra Koenig and his bandmates in the end of 2009, is an elaborately orchestrated song with a surprisingly dominant 12-string guitar. The band describes the track "as a curve ball of sorts, a stark contrast from some of its other more recent material."
"It's pretty different than anything we've done before, and I guess we kinda looked at it as... you know, being that it's going to be on a soundtrack to a movie, why not try something slightly different?" Vampire Weekend said in a recent interview with Triple J. "So there's this cool twelve-string guitar part that Rostam's playing, and I think, yeah, it might surprise people a little bit."
Beside contributing to the soundtrack for "Eclipse", Vampire Weekend are preparing to start their North American tour to promote their second studio album "Contra" on August 28 in Vancouver, British Columbia. They recently debuted a clip to support their single "Holiday".
Other musicians whose songs will be included in "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack album are Muse, The Black Keys, Florence and the Machine, Metric and many others. The film itself stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson as well as Taylor Lautner, and will open wide in U.S. theaters on June 30.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal