'Alias' Potentially Gets a Reboot
ABC is still trying to compensate the end of "Lost" by replacing it with equally gripping shows. The closest the network gets at the moment are "V" and the newbie "No Ordinary Family". However, there's a report that the Alphabet is brewing a plan to bring back "Alias".
E! Online reported that a "reliable insider" informed them about a talk in ABC where the award-winning series will get a "reboot". It should be noted that nothing is official yet because it is only a "very initial talk at this point".
The idea is to make a new version of the J.J. Abrams-produced show and borrow some elements from it. But the new series will be less complicated in its mythological factor such as the Milo Rambaldi prophecy. It is still unclear whether Abrams will be involved in the reboot. The producer is working on "Undercovers" which has been picked up by NBC.
"Alias" experienced quite a success between 2001 and 2005 especially in the fourth season. However, ABC moved it to Thursday, 8/7c slot which is notoriously lethal for a show. The rating plunged almost drastically and the show never revived since.
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio