'Alias' Potentially Gets a Reboot
ABC is still trying to compensate the end of "Lost" by replacing it with equally gripping shows. The closest the network gets at the moment are "V" and the newbie "No Ordinary Family". However, there's a report that the Alphabet is brewing a plan to bring back "Alias".
E! Online reported that a "reliable insider" informed them about a talk in ABC where the award-winning series will get a "reboot". It should be noted that nothing is official yet because it is only a "very initial talk at this point".
The idea is to make a new version of the J.J. Abrams-produced show and borrow some elements from it. But the new series will be less complicated in its mythological factor such as the Milo Rambaldi prophecy. It is still unclear whether Abrams will be involved in the reboot. The producer is working on "Undercovers" which has been picked up by NBC.
"Alias" experienced quite a success between 2001 and 2005 especially in the fourth season. However, ABC moved it to Thursday, 8/7c slot which is notoriously lethal for a show. The rating plunged almost drastically and the show never revived since.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences