'Alias' Potentially Gets a Reboot
ABC is still trying to compensate the end of "Lost" by replacing it with equally gripping shows. The closest the network gets at the moment are "V" and the newbie "No Ordinary Family". However, there's a report that the Alphabet is brewing a plan to bring back "Alias".
E! Online reported that a "reliable insider" informed them about a talk in ABC where the award-winning series will get a "reboot". It should be noted that nothing is official yet because it is only a "very initial talk at this point".
The idea is to make a new version of the J.J. Abrams-produced show and borrow some elements from it. But the new series will be less complicated in its mythological factor such as the Milo Rambaldi prophecy. It is still unclear whether Abrams will be involved in the reboot. The producer is working on "Undercovers" which has been picked up by NBC.
"Alias" experienced quite a success between 2001 and 2005 especially in the fourth season. However, ABC moved it to Thursday, 8/7c slot which is notoriously lethal for a show. The rating plunged almost drastically and the show never revived since.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture