Warner Bros. Sets 'Sherlock Holmes 2' and 'Superman' Movie for Winter Releases
Warner Bros. Pictures has picked up a release date for "Sherlock Holmes 2". At a presentation for their investors held on Thursday, May 27, the studio announced that "Sherlock Holmes" sequel will arrive in U.S. theaters on December 16, 2011.
Recently, producer Joel Silver confirmed that, not only Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, but also Rachel McAdams will return to the second film. However, she will not be the leading lady in the upcoming movie. The filmmaker additionally informed that shooting will start this fall and Moriarty is confirmed as the villain.
Back to Warner Bros. presentation, the studio also announced that a new "Superman" movie which is tentatively titled "The Man of Steel" is aimed for December 2012 release. This upcoming superhero movie will use the brain of the man behind "Batman Begins", Christopher Nolan, though his capacity has not been revealed.
Meanwhile, another superhero movie "The Flash" is close to get a green light. The studio also stated that they are currently developing some films which feature Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Mad magazine characters.
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo