Warner Bros. Sets 'Sherlock Holmes 2' and 'Superman' Movie for Winter Releases
Warner Bros. Pictures has picked up a release date for "Sherlock Holmes 2". At a presentation for their investors held on Thursday, May 27, the studio announced that "Sherlock Holmes" sequel will arrive in U.S. theaters on December 16, 2011.
Recently, producer Joel Silver confirmed that, not only Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, but also Rachel McAdams will return to the second film. However, she will not be the leading lady in the upcoming movie. The filmmaker additionally informed that shooting will start this fall and Moriarty is confirmed as the villain.
Back to Warner Bros. presentation, the studio also announced that a new "Superman" movie which is tentatively titled "The Man of Steel" is aimed for December 2012 release. This upcoming superhero movie will use the brain of the man behind "Batman Begins", Christopher Nolan, though his capacity has not been revealed.
Meanwhile, another superhero movie "The Flash" is close to get a green light. The studio also stated that they are currently developing some films which feature Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Mad magazine characters.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch