Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox Already Signed to Labels
Music executives are extra fast in signing this year's champion and runner up of "American Idol" for a recording deal. Billboard, in its exclusive story, said that both Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox have secured a recording contract less than 24 hours since the coronation took place on Wednesday, May 26.
DeWyze, the winner, is signed to 19 Recordings Limited and RCA Records, joining DAUGHTRY and Adam Lambert. His first single would be U2's "Beautiful Day" which he sung during the Tuesday final performance night.
Meanwhile, Bowersox is to join Kris Allen, Jordin Sparks and Allison Iraheta in 19 Recordings Limited and Jive Records. Her first single is Patty Griffin's "Up to the Mountain".
If the labels would follow previous years' pattern then the major debut album by DeWyze and Bowersox can be expected in the fourth quarter of this year. The singles have been released on iTunes and radio with DeWyze's single receiving 27 all-format spins and Bowersox's 5 all-format spins. The data was provided by Nielsen BDS.
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?