Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox Already Signed to Labels
Music executives are extra fast in signing this year's champion and runner up of "American Idol" for a recording deal. Billboard, in its exclusive story, said that both Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox have secured a recording contract less than 24 hours since the coronation took place on Wednesday, May 26.
DeWyze, the winner, is signed to 19 Recordings Limited and RCA Records, joining DAUGHTRY and Adam Lambert. His first single would be U2's "Beautiful Day" which he sung during the Tuesday final performance night.
Meanwhile, Bowersox is to join Kris Allen, Jordin Sparks and Allison Iraheta in 19 Recordings Limited and Jive Records. Her first single is Patty Griffin's "Up to the Mountain".
If the labels would follow previous years' pattern then the major debut album by DeWyze and Bowersox can be expected in the fourth quarter of this year. The singles have been released on iTunes and radio with DeWyze's single receiving 27 all-format spins and Bowersox's 5 all-format spins. The data was provided by Nielsen BDS.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'