M.I.A. Admits She Copies Lady GaGa in 'Born Free' Music Video
Although she is not a big fan of Lady GaGa, M.I.A. admitted that the dance queen has inspired her in shooting "Born Free" controversial music video. In an interview with New York Times, she said, "With our video, we were really copying 'Telephone'."
The singer, who is going to release a new album in the U.S. on July 13, explained further on what make the two clips are similar. "Both our videos are road movies. We kill people, and they kill people. They start out in a prison, and we start out in a squat, hunting people down," she gushed.
But, this doesn't mean that M.I.A. is now befriending the "Poker Face" hitmaker. "I can't talk about GaGa anymore," she said in further statement. "All I'll say is, it's upsetting when babies say ga-ga now. It used to be innocent. Now, they're calling her name."
The 34-year-old singer/songwriter got even more annoyed when GaGa, who actually is her labelmate in Interscope, is compared to Madonna. "You can't really say that GaGa is culturally a change," she blasted. "Madonna was truly unique."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris