M.I.A. Admits She Copies Lady GaGa in 'Born Free' Music Video
Although she is not a big fan of Lady GaGa, M.I.A. admitted that the dance queen has inspired her in shooting "Born Free" controversial music video. In an interview with New York Times, she said, "With our video, we were really copying 'Telephone'."
The singer, who is going to release a new album in the U.S. on July 13, explained further on what make the two clips are similar. "Both our videos are road movies. We kill people, and they kill people. They start out in a prison, and we start out in a squat, hunting people down," she gushed.
But, this doesn't mean that M.I.A. is now befriending the "Poker Face" hitmaker. "I can't talk about GaGa anymore," she said in further statement. "All I'll say is, it's upsetting when babies say ga-ga now. It used to be innocent. Now, they're calling her name."
The 34-year-old singer/songwriter got even more annoyed when GaGa, who actually is her labelmate in Interscope, is compared to Madonna. "You can't really say that GaGa is culturally a change," she blasted. "Madonna was truly unique."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special