M.I.A. Admits She Copies Lady GaGa in 'Born Free' Music Video
Although she is not a big fan of Lady GaGa, M.I.A. admitted that the dance queen has inspired her in shooting "Born Free" controversial music video. In an interview with New York Times, she said, "With our video, we were really copying 'Telephone'."
The singer, who is going to release a new album in the U.S. on July 13, explained further on what make the two clips are similar. "Both our videos are road movies. We kill people, and they kill people. They start out in a prison, and we start out in a squat, hunting people down," she gushed.
But, this doesn't mean that M.I.A. is now befriending the "Poker Face" hitmaker. "I can't talk about GaGa anymore," she said in further statement. "All I'll say is, it's upsetting when babies say ga-ga now. It used to be innocent. Now, they're calling her name."
The 34-year-old singer/songwriter got even more annoyed when GaGa, who actually is her labelmate in Interscope, is compared to Madonna. "You can't really say that GaGa is culturally a change," she blasted. "Madonna was truly unique."
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!