M.I.A. Admits She Copies Lady GaGa in 'Born Free' Music Video
Although she is not a big fan of Lady GaGa, M.I.A. admitted that the dance queen has inspired her in shooting "Born Free" controversial music video. In an interview with New York Times, she said, "With our video, we were really copying 'Telephone'."
The singer, who is going to release a new album in the U.S. on July 13, explained further on what make the two clips are similar. "Both our videos are road movies. We kill people, and they kill people. They start out in a prison, and we start out in a squat, hunting people down," she gushed.
But, this doesn't mean that M.I.A. is now befriending the "Poker Face" hitmaker. "I can't talk about GaGa anymore," she said in further statement. "All I'll say is, it's upsetting when babies say ga-ga now. It used to be innocent. Now, they're calling her name."
The 34-year-old singer/songwriter got even more annoyed when GaGa, who actually is her labelmate in Interscope, is compared to Madonna. "You can't really say that GaGa is culturally a change," she blasted. "Madonna was truly unique."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'