M.I.A. Admits She Copies Lady GaGa in 'Born Free' Music Video
Although she is not a big fan of Lady GaGa, M.I.A. admitted that the dance queen has inspired her in shooting "Born Free" controversial music video. In an interview with New York Times, she said, "With our video, we were really copying 'Telephone'."
The singer, who is going to release a new album in the U.S. on July 13, explained further on what make the two clips are similar. "Both our videos are road movies. We kill people, and they kill people. They start out in a prison, and we start out in a squat, hunting people down," she gushed.
But, this doesn't mean that M.I.A. is now befriending the "Poker Face" hitmaker. "I can't talk about GaGa anymore," she said in further statement. "All I'll say is, it's upsetting when babies say ga-ga now. It used to be innocent. Now, they're calling her name."
The 34-year-old singer/songwriter got even more annoyed when GaGa, who actually is her labelmate in Interscope, is compared to Madonna. "You can't really say that GaGa is culturally a change," she blasted. "Madonna was truly unique."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly