Mother Is 'Absolutely' Adamant Mindy McCready Was in Suicide Attempt
Following Mindy McCready's hospitalization on May 25, the country music singer's mother has spoken up that she is adamant her daughter attempted to take her own life. In an interview with Us Magazine on Wednesday, May 26, Gayle McCready said "there's absolutely no doubt" Mindy overdosed on pills in a suicide attempt.
Earlier on Wednesday, Mindy's rep couldn't affirm any reports of an overdose or suicide attempt and noted that the singer and her mother have a "volatile and unhealthy" relationship. However, Gayle blasted, "I can't say that I have a strained relationship with Mindy," stating her daughter has lived in a finished garage on her property despite their custody battle over Mindy's son Zander.
Gayle further stated that although Mindy signed up for "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew", no one has gotten "to the root of the problem." She claimed, "Obviously, people who take drugs definitely tell lies. But Mindy, this problem with the lying happened when she was a child. So I can't say it was a drug situation."
Gayle then told the site on how she discovered Mindy in the garage on May 25. "She was sitting up on her computer, but she was completely talking out of her head," she revealed, adding she then rushed Mindy to the hospital.
"I was with her all day. She was in and out. The last conversation we had was over a suicide note, but there wasn't one," Gayle added. Though so, she refused to give further detail on what kind of pill Mindy took. "You will be very surprised. It's not anything you are hearing in the news," she stated.
On why Mindy tried to commit suicide, Gayle said, "I can't tell you Mindy's heart, and her intent obviously, only Mindy knows that. But I can tell you I think she is addicted to media attention."
In the end, Gayle said, "Whenever things like this happen, Mindy does not take responsibility for it. I would like to see Mindy not in denial anymore. I would like to see her tell the truth. I would like her to get the help she needs."
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer