'Spider-Man' Reboot Short List Includes Jamie Bell and Josh Hutcherson
After Columbia Pictures announced in early this year that they will make an untitled Spider-Man reboot, Logan Lerman was linked to the lead role several times but the studio constantly debunked the rumor. Now, The Hollywood Reporter reports director Marc Webb has had meeting with several men who probably will play young Peter Parker.
According to the site, Jamie Bell and Josh Hutcherson are among the short list which has been narrowed down to five in the past two or three weeks. Other names among the candidates to play the superhero character are Alden Ehrenreich, Frank Dillane and Andrew Garfield.
24-year-old Bell made his film debut in dance flick "Billy Elliot", playing the tittle character. He recently appeared in "King Kong" and "Jumper", and will be soon seen in "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn".
Hutcherson, who started acting since he was kid, has appeared in several movies like "Zathura", "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D", "The Vampire's Assistant" and "The Kids Are All Right". Beside having a lot of experience, the 18-year-old actor is considered young enough to play Parker during his high school age. Hutcherson has been previously mentioned in competition with Lerman to take the coveted role in the upcoming "Spider-Man" film.
27-year-old Garfield, who is the oldest among other contenders, has a role in 2007 "Lions for Lambs" and 2009 "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus". He will star in upcoming drama "The Social Network" which also features Justin Timberlake.
The other two actors are relatively new to the scene. Ehrenreich who was discovered by Steven Spielberg has his most notable role in "Tetro". Dillane's main credit, meanwhile, is "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" in which he portrays young Tom Riddle.
Despite having several names under consideration, Columbia has not conducted screen tests at this early stage. Insiders also point out that the director and studio are still on the lookout while the search itself has been going on for several months.
Recently, Alvin Sargent who wrote "Spider-Man 3" has been hired to rewrite James Vanderbilt's script for this "Spider-Man" reboot. The upcoming action fantasy movie is made in 3-D and targeted for July 3, 2012 release in the U.S. Shooting is expected to begin in late this year.
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think