'Dexter' to Bring Back Rita Morgan in Season 5
"Dexter" created quite a stir when it killed off one of its main cast in the end of season 4. But the deceased character is going to re-appear in the show when it returns for the fifth season this Fall. TV Guide has confirmed that Julie Benz will reprise her role as Rita Morgan whose life was taken away by the Trinity Killer.
How she will be incorporated to the storyline is still unclear but two things for sure, she won't be alive or appear as Dexter's imagination like his father does. "We're not going to do some ghostly thing with her," showrunner/executive producer Chip Johannessen said.
Exec producer Sara Colleton chimed in, "Bringing her back in a flashback or visionary way sort of steps on our use of Harry. We want to be very, very specific about that and not get gimmicky, because it would become too much of a device."
Meanwhile a rep for Showtime offered little explanation too. According to the cable "the presence of Rita Bennett will help him deal with his newfound feelings of loss and grief - emotions he has never really felt before."
Since her character was written off, Benz has taken new TV jobs such as a guest starring appearance on "Desperate Housewives" and a regular slot on ABC's new sci-fi series "No Ordinary Family".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance