'Dexter' to Bring Back Rita Morgan in Season 5
"Dexter" created quite a stir when it killed off one of its main cast in the end of season 4. But the deceased character is going to re-appear in the show when it returns for the fifth season this Fall. TV Guide has confirmed that Julie Benz will reprise her role as Rita Morgan whose life was taken away by the Trinity Killer.
How she will be incorporated to the storyline is still unclear but two things for sure, she won't be alive or appear as Dexter's imagination like his father does. "We're not going to do some ghostly thing with her," showrunner/executive producer Chip Johannessen said.
Exec producer Sara Colleton chimed in, "Bringing her back in a flashback or visionary way sort of steps on our use of Harry. We want to be very, very specific about that and not get gimmicky, because it would become too much of a device."
Meanwhile a rep for Showtime offered little explanation too. According to the cable "the presence of Rita Bennett will help him deal with his newfound feelings of loss and grief - emotions he has never really felt before."
Since her character was written off, Benz has taken new TV jobs such as a guest starring appearance on "Desperate Housewives" and a regular slot on ABC's new sci-fi series "No Ordinary Family".
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent