Ellen DeGeneres Launches Record Label, Signing Greyson Chance
From becoming a TV host and reality show judge, Ellen DeGeneres is now branching out to become a music mogul by forming a label under the moniker eleveneleven Records. Partnering with Telepictures Productions, she has signed her first act who is none other than Greyson Chance.
Ellen said, "Greyson inspired me to start a record label called eleveneleven. He is my first artist and we are making a record together." Earlier this month, she invited the 12-year-old kid to "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" after watching his YouTube video.
The Lady GaGa's "Paparazzi" performance on the Ellen's show has exposed Greyson to broader audience. "It's crazy thinking about 30 million people (checking it out). It just makes me happy. It really just hasn't sunken in yet... It's awesome," he commented on his sudden fame.
Beside covering "Paparazzi", Greyson actually has two original songs; "Stars" and "Broken Hearts". On the May 26 episode of "Ellen DeGeneres Show", he will perform the "Broken Hearts" live for the very first time on national TV. Additionally, he will be handed $10,000 check and a new piano for winning Ellen's "Wonderful Web of Wonderment" talent search series.
In an effort to launch his singing career, Greyson Chance will be co-managed by Guy Oseary, Madonna's manager, and Troy Carter, Lady GaGa's manager.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake