Jean-Claude Van Damme and Michelle Yeoh Cast in 'Kung Fu Panda 2'
Several names have been added to the cast line-up of "Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom". DreamWorks Animation has announced that they have hired veteran stars Jean-Claude Van Damme, Michelle Yeoh and Victor Garber to provide the voices for some characters in the upcoming movie.
Van Damme who is known for his roles in martial arts action movies is tapped to play Master Croc. Yeoh who played James Bond's girl in 1997 "Tomorrow Never Dies" is cast to voice the mystical character of The Soothsayer which is a goat. Meanwhile, Garber who is best known for playing in TV series "Alias" will play Master Thundering Rhino.
The three actors join the original cast members who include Angelina Jolie, Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Jackie Chan, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, David Cross and James Hong. Additionally, Gary Oldman recently was also reported to voice villainous character named Lord Shen who happens to be a peacock in the "Kung Fu Panda" sequel.
According to the press release, "Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom" will follow Po, the world's biggest kung fu fan, as he continues his journey as the chosen one who fulfills an ancient prophesy while mastering the art of kung fu. Jennifer Yuh Nelson will direct it while Melissa Cobb will serve as producer. This upcoming animation will come out in 3-D and is slated to hit U.S. theaters on May 27, 2011.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order