Ne-Yo Debuts First Single From New Album 'Libra Scale'
Ne-Yo has a brand new material and he makes it public as the first offering of his upcoming fourth studio album "Libra Scale". Called "Beautiful Monster", the song is a dance track which comes from production hands of acclaimed music maker Stargate.
"The song embodies a portion of a story that the music on the album is inspired by," the 30-year-old R&B singer said in a video message when introducing the track. " 'Beautiful Monster' is in fact our love interest/arch-nemesis. Her name is Diamond Eye in the film."
About what he has to offer in "Libra Scale", Ne-Yo told MTV that he is doing "something a little different." He explained more, "Just be expecting that we're gonna bring back entertainment - that's what we're gonna do. Yes, I've decided to make it the lifetime of the gentleman." The album will follow up his 2008 effort "Year of the Gentleman" and is expected to be released later this year.
"Beautiful Monster" can be fully streamed on Ne-Yo's MySpace.
More Ne-Yo News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers