Jesse James Was 'a Scared, Abused Kid'
Jesse James has blamed his childhood ordeal for his infidelity. During a candid interview, which was aired on Tuesday, May 25, with Vicki Mabrey of ABC's "Nightline", the estranged husband of Oscar-winning actress Sandra Bullock claimed he was a victim of child abuse and cited the bad experience as one of the factors that drove him to cheat on her.
"Bike builder, 'Monster Garage' TV star, all that stuff is a huge smokescreen so that people won't see that I'm a scared, abused kid, a seven-year-old," James told Mabrey. He also said, "The struggle within myself for the things that I did... to damage marriage and my life and everything else, it's all me. I'm doing it because, you know, I've basically never felt good enough for anyone."
"I grew up with a huge amount of shame and fear and abandonment on my shoulders from a very young age and I think, you know, the way my mind rationalized [cheating], 'Well, you know, I might as well do whatever I can to like run her off cause she is going to find out what I am anyway and leave me anyway'," James further stated.
Beside receiving treatment for being an abused kid during his month-stint in rehab, James also got treatment for sex addiction and anger management. On how he decided to sign up for rehab, he shared, "After about two days I realized, 'Wow, I'm kind of more messed up than most of the people here'."
"It was like peeling an onion. Every day it was a new revelation about myself and the things I've been doing," James revealed. "I cried more in rehab in the last 30 days than I have in my whole life. No BS. That's the truth."
Jesse James on Candid Interview With Vicki Mabrey of ABC's "Nightline":
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'