Autopsy on Paul Gray's Body Is Done, Cause of Death Still Unclear
An autopsy of Slipknot's bassist Paul Gray, who was found dead in an Iowa hotel room early Monday morning, May 24, has revealed no cause of death, Urbandale, Iowa police told Des Moines Register on Tuesday, May 25. The cause of death is still under investigation and the Polk County Medical Examiner is awaiting the results of toxicology testing.
Police further revealed that Dr. Gregory Schmunk informed the investigation could be four to six weeks before all of the test results are complete and the cause of death can be determined. Meanwhile, the autopsy reportedly affirmed that no evidence of foul play or trauma in Paul's death was found and Paul had been dead for several hours before his body was discovered.
Following Paul Gray's sudden death, tributes to him have poured in from fans and fellow musicians. Slipknot's frontman Corey Taylor, during an emotional press conference held in Des Moines, Iowa, on Tuesday evening along with the other band members, said, "The only way I can sum up Paul Gray is 'love.' Everything he did, he did for everyone around him whether he knew you or not."
Additionally, thrash metal band Sepultura said in a statement, "RIP Paul Gray, we're shocked and very sad. This is another tragic loss for our metal community," while his fans deluged a message board on the slipknot-metal site.
Korn's guitarist James 'Munky' Shaffer said, "I want to send my love to his family and the band, they're going through a really very hard time right now. I'm speechless, I just want to send my prayers, love and respect to everybody that is surrounding his wife and his baby to be."
Among the mourners is Paul's pregnant wife, Brenna Gray. Joining Slipknot at the press conference, Brenna said, "Paul was my husband, an amazing person, and I want people to remember him for just that. And his daughter will remember him for the way he was."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival