Autopsy on Paul Gray's Body Is Done, Cause of Death Still Unclear
An autopsy of Slipknot's bassist Paul Gray, who was found dead in an Iowa hotel room early Monday morning, May 24, has revealed no cause of death, Urbandale, Iowa police told Des Moines Register on Tuesday, May 25. The cause of death is still under investigation and the Polk County Medical Examiner is awaiting the results of toxicology testing.
Police further revealed that Dr. Gregory Schmunk informed the investigation could be four to six weeks before all of the test results are complete and the cause of death can be determined. Meanwhile, the autopsy reportedly affirmed that no evidence of foul play or trauma in Paul's death was found and Paul had been dead for several hours before his body was discovered.
Following Paul Gray's sudden death, tributes to him have poured in from fans and fellow musicians. Slipknot's frontman Corey Taylor, during an emotional press conference held in Des Moines, Iowa, on Tuesday evening along with the other band members, said, "The only way I can sum up Paul Gray is 'love.' Everything he did, he did for everyone around him whether he knew you or not."
Additionally, thrash metal band Sepultura said in a statement, "RIP Paul Gray, we're shocked and very sad. This is another tragic loss for our metal community," while his fans deluged a message board on the slipknot-metal site.
Korn's guitarist James 'Munky' Shaffer said, "I want to send my love to his family and the band, they're going through a really very hard time right now. I'm speechless, I just want to send my prayers, love and respect to everybody that is surrounding his wife and his baby to be."
Among the mourners is Paul's pregnant wife, Brenna Gray. Joining Slipknot at the press conference, Brenna said, "Paul was my husband, an amazing person, and I want people to remember him for just that. And his daughter will remember him for the way he was."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding