'Dancing with the Stars' Winner Is Nicole Scherzinger
"Dancing with the Stars" has selected the tenth season winner. Nicole Scherzinger did not only excel in skill but also in audience's hearts. The singer and her partner Derek Hough were handed the trophy on Tuesday, May 25 night. In total, they have scored 115 points from the judges during the two-days finale.
The three couples started off the night with Favorite Dance of the Finalists and they all chose the same one, the Argentine Tango. Nicole and Derek scored the perfect 30, Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya scored 28 while Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy scored 26. These scores are added up to viewers vote and the third placer, Erin, was thus eliminated.
"I came here under really crummy circumstances, and I just wanted to get my life back. I just wanted to get my smile back," a grateful Erin said before adding "He brought me back to life," in reference to Maksim. The couple then reprised their Cha Cha Cha and ended it with a kiss on the forehead.
Meanwhile, Nicole and Evan danced for the last time to win the title. Nicole and Derek picked Jive as their final ammo. "This has been the best season of Dancing with the Stars ever. This was the crowning glory of an amazing season," Bruno Tonioli said after their performance. Carrie Ann Inaba said, "You set this place on fire. It has been nothing but amazing." They earned 30 out of 30.
Evan and Anna danced the Quickstep. "You always have been a good dancer, but your performance level has enhanced incredibly. You are now charming," Bruno said. Len Goodman said, "You have truly been a joy to watch. You have done a fantastic job." The couple earned 28 out of 30 from the judges.
Tom Bergeron then revealed the final result and declared Nicole and Derek as the winning couple. Celebrating the victory, the beaming couple hugged and lifted the trophy high in the air.
The finale night was also marked with the return of the fallen contestants, including Buzz Aldrin who re-appeared wearing gray astronaut suit and Jake Pavelka who danced with his fiancee Vienna Girardi.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars