Jaden Smith's 'The Karate Kid' Debuts First Clips
Few weeks away from the U.S. release of "The Karate Kid", Columbia Pictures has shared some new sneak peeks for the film. The studio has debuted first two clips which made their way out via MSN and Yahoo! Movies.
The first clip shares the scene in which Jaden Smith visits Jackie Chan's place and introduces himself to his new neighbor. The other video, in the meantime, gives a preview to how the master of kung fu teaches the boy to become more focused when practicing the martial art skill.
A remake of 1984 film of the same title, "The Karate Kid" will follow 12-year-old Dre Parker, whose life is turned upside down after he moves from Detroit to China. Being the most popular kid in his homeland, he is now bullied by Cheng due to his feelings to his classmate Mei Ying.
With no friends in a strange land, Dre has nowhere to turn but maintenance man Mr. Han, who is secretly a master of kung fu. As Han teaches Dre that kung fu is not about punches and parries, but maturity and calm, Dre realizes that facing down the bullies will be the fight of his life.
Jaden Smith leads, with Jackie Chan playing Mr. Han. Taraji P. Henson also supports the film, playing Dre's mother. Directed by Harald Zwart, this action drama will open wide in U.S. theaters on June 11, 2010.
- 'The Karate Kid' Clip 'That's Nasty'
- 'The Karate Kid' Clip 'More Focus'
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'