Christina Aguilera's 'Bionic' Tour Pushed Back to 2011
Originally scheduled to kick off her "Bionic" tour on July 15, Christina Aguilera has bumped the gig until next year. The 29-year-old singer delayed the traveling show because she doesn't have enough time for rehearsal due to hectic schedule which includes her involvement in movie "Burlesque".
"Christina Aguilera's summer tour has been moved to 2011 due to prior commitments that the singer had made to her film 'Burlesque' and to the promotion of her new album 'Bionic'," a statement from her camp read. "The singer felt she needed more time to rehearse the show and with less than a month between the album release and tour date this wasn't possible."
Despite the official statement, it is speculated that the cancellation happened due to poor ticket sales. Refunds for ticket holders are available at point of purchase. New dates for the tour will be announced later this year.
In related news, "Bionic" which is set to arrive in the U.S. stores on June 8 has been leaked in its entirety. Additionally, there is rumor circulating on the web that "Not Myself Tonight" music video is being re-worked due to negative feedback. A cleaner clip is expected to be released sometime soon.
For those dying to watch Christina performing live, they can watch "American Idol" finale on May 26. Also, she is tapped to take the stage of Gibson Amphitheater in Universal City, California on June 6 to perform at the 19th Annual MTV Movie Awards.
More Christina Aguilera News
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!